One must know that applying for any green card with any methods (E-1, E-2, E-3, etc..) has their own difficulties, there is no easy or shortcut to heaven, even the most popular EB-5 method is not "hassle free" as it describes. Remember, you are applying for America green card, you have to do it in America's way. However, this is not the end of the world, in my opinion, EB-5 remains "hassle less" among all other immigration by investment method.
There are some important tip i like to share with all interested people, hope this information can help you.
1) Yes, i mentioned above. This is America, you have to follow America's rule. No shortcut.
2) Don't ask for money back, this is an investment, and if it is an investment, it is "at risk". No one can guarantee your investment, who will ever believe Lehman Brothers will vanish. If any regional center tell you that you will get your money back, they are breaking the law.
3) Honesty. I mean both investor and regional center company. Either one of them breaks the rule, both sides get hurt and they will be in "Black List" forever.
4) Do some homework on interested regional centers. Don't just rely on their presentation easily. Search around their reputation, approval percentage, etc.. If you are interested in some regional centers, I strongly recommend you to take a visit to these companies, see what they are doing actually. Don't let your hard earn money in jeopardy.
5) Get a good accredited lawyer that "really" knows about EB-5. Don't just get a "cheap" lawyer, it can hurt you.
6) $500k or $1 mil (depending on region) investment is not enough, this is just the basic fee. You should expect additional fees (application, lawyer, accountant and processing fees from regional centers), it averages around $50,000 to $60,000 in additional to your basic fee. If is more, i will start to question their honesty.