Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration by Investment (EB-5) Some important tips you should know

Dear Sir/Madam,
    One must know that applying for any green card with any methods (E-1, E-2, E-3, etc..) has their own difficulties, there is no easy or shortcut to heaven, even the most popular EB-5 method is not "hassle free" as it describes. Remember, you are applying for America green card, you have to do it in America's way. However, this is not the end of the world, in my opinion, EB-5 remains "hassle less" among all other immigration by investment method.

There are some important tip i like to share with all interested people, hope this information can help you.

1) Yes, i mentioned above. This is America, you have to follow America's rule. No shortcut.
    2) Don't ask for money back, this is an investment, and if it is an investment, it is "at risk". No one can guarantee your investment, who will ever believe Lehman Brothers will vanish. If any regional center tell you that you will get your money back, they are breaking the law.
    3) Honesty. I mean both investor and regional center company. Either one of them breaks the rule, both sides get hurt and they will be in "Black List" forever.
    4) Do some homework on interested regional centers. Don't just rely on their presentation easily. Search around their reputation, approval percentage, etc.. If you are interested in some regional centers, I strongly recommend you to take a visit to these companies, see what they are doing actually. Don't let your hard earn money in jeopardy.
    5) Get a good accredited lawyer that "really" knows about EB-5. Don't just get a "cheap" lawyer, it can hurt you.
    6) $500k or $1 mil (depending on region) investment is not enough, this is just the basic fee. You should expect additional fees (application, lawyer, accountant and processing fees from regional centers), it averages around $50,000 to $60,000 in additional to your basic fee. If is more, i will start to question their honesty.

Originally posted by michaellu View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    One must know that applying for any green card with any methods (E-1, E-2, E-3, etc..) has their own difficulties, there is no easy or shortcut to heaven, even the most popular EB-5 method is not "hassle free" as it describes. Remember, you are applying for America green card, you have to do it in America's way. However, this is not the end of the world, in my opinion, EB-5 remains "hassle less" among all other immigration by investment method.

There are some important tip i like to share with all interested people, hope this information can help you.

1) Yes, i mentioned above. This is America, you have to follow America's rule. No shortcut.
    2) Don't ask for money back, this is an investment, and if it is an investment, it is "at risk". No one can guarantee your investment, who will ever believe Lehman Brothers will vanish. If any regional center tell you that you will get your money back, they are breaking the law.
    3) Honesty. I mean both investor and regional center company. Either one of them breaks the rule, both sides get hurt and they will be in "Black List" forever.
    4) Do some homework on interested regional centers. Don't just rely on their presentation easily. Search around their reputation, approval percentage, etc.. If you are interested in some regional centers, I strongly recommend you to take a visit to these companies, see what they are doing actually. Don't let your hard earn money in jeopardy.
    5) Get a good accredited lawyer that "really" knows about EB-5. Don't just get a "cheap" lawyer, it can hurt you.
    6) $500k or $1 mil (depending on region) investment is not enough, this is just the basic fee. You should expect additional fees (application, lawyer, accountant and processing fees from regional centers), it averages around $50,000 to $60,000 in additional to your basic fee. If is more, i will start to question their honesty.

I am on H1B , dont want to work more, I have 1million + Dollars I will manage, La Quinta inn hotel offer me good hotel business for 126 rooms, total 15years investment is 46millions dollars and 15 people working minimum 24/7 depend on area, so maximum hired strenght is 22 to 25 people , so is it possible if I open hotel and apply for EB-5. My H1b visa is taking time to green card process so I think for the EB-5.
    is it ok that I invest $600000 and total investment for 15years will be $46millions.

Please suggest me the best option, and how much time takes to get EB-5 Green card for me and my spouse.

Parag
    Last edited by H1BVisaHolder; 04-13-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Professional EB5 Visa Management

Wouldn't it be better to use an EB-5 management firm? It seems like trying to classify your own investment would be risky.

Comment

Eb-

Hi Michael
        I just read your post, it is really helpful and thank you so much for your time. According to your post, can you help me to find out some good and knowledge lawyer ??? Plz. I agree with you about that point. My uncle's friend has the bad situation just like you said, they took the deposit and went away. If possible can you refer me some has a heart to work and help clients. I really appreciate it.
        Once again and thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by H1BVisaHolder View Post
          I am on H1B , dont want to work more, I have 1million + Dollars I will manage, La Quinta inn hotel offer me good hotel business for 126 rooms, total 15years investment is 46millions dollars and 15 people working minimum 24/7 depend on area, so maximum hired strenght is 22 to 25 people , so is it possible if I open hotel and apply for EB-5. My H1b visa is taking time to green card process so I think for the EB-5.
          is it ok that I invest $600000 and total investment for 15years will be $46millions.

Please suggest me the best option, and how much time takes to get EB-5 Green card for me and my spouse.

Parag
          Parag, the EB5 investor visa seems to be best for your situation. I have had some experience with EB5 Investors. Let me know if you have any further questions. FYI... after 5 years you are eligible for full USA citizenship.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X