Visa Packet Opened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Packet Opened

My k1 visa and passport has been delivered today along with the Visa Packet or Yellow envelope. My big problem is: I accidentaly opened the Visa Packet (which is not supposed to be opened) as warning by the embassy. Opening the visa packet would mean encountering difficulties in any US port of entry or not be allowed to enpalne.

Please help or advise me what is the right thing to do. Shall I calll the embassy or go ahead with my trip and have problem at the Immigration in US?

Your advise will be highly appreciated. Thank you

Call Embassy...I read somewhere that immigrant oficer can back people which have opened envelope....

Good luck....and write to us..

Comment

Dude they tell you a half a dozen times NOT TOO.... ichy fingers I presume.

You must get in touch with the consulate, I think there will be a fee involved with getting it sealed again.

Comment

I would call the embassy about getting it resealed.

ASAP
        My Fiancee arrived here on a K-1 VISA.
        Conditional GreenCard has been received.

Comment

Thank's for your advise

I will call the embassy. I'll keep you posted for the outcome. Thank's everyone.

Comment

You should contact the Embassy- they will reseal the packet for no additional charge.

Comment

yes i called embassy

yes i called the embassy call center, I will go there next week and have it resealed. No fees to be paid according to the call agent. We'll see. I will be charged only with the long distance call lol.

Comment

Got it

Hi guys, the embassy resealed my visa packet without payment. But they warned me that if it will happen again, they will not reseal it again.

This visa packet is like is like a diamond, I have to keep and embrace it all throughout my travel. LOL

Comment

You didn t tell us what is in yellow envelope? ;-) I m sure that you saw;-D

Comment

Basically its your entire case file, nothing extraordinary..

Comment

No I did not

Honestly I did not scan through the pages. I just glanced at the first & second pages because my sister read the warning notice (which we did not read in the first place) my sister stopped me at once. I admit that I acted stupid.

Anyway, my trip would be next week. See you America. Thank's to your advises.

Comment

Good luck.... I m going at the end august....Write to us how is looking on the border, with immigrant officer.... Don't forget us :-)

Comment

joyous, what US embassy number did you call?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X