Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on DS-160 passport details

Hello,

I am going to attend the Personal Appearance in Chennai Consulate in August. I already sent my DS-160 form and blokced the dates.After filling the DS-160 form and submitting the docs I received my new renewed passport. Now my DS-160 form has old passport details and on the personal appearanc einvitation it shows the old passport number. Will that be okay if I carry my old and new passports to the PA or will it be a problem.

thank you for the help.

Should be fine.
    If possible, ask VO to print visa on new passport. if not, nothing to worry, carry two passports while entering US.

Comment

Hi OP,

as far as my view is concerned , you carry both the passports to the Consulate for the interview and MAKE SURE that your visa is stamped on the NEW PASSPORT ONLY and not the OLD ONE.

Its OK if the Visa is stamped on a passport and then Passport is renwed then you have Visa on the Old passport but in your case , you have a new Passport now so everything should be done on the NEW PASSPORT only- as your Old passport is now Cancelled and you should not use it for anything
      Just carry both the passports wherever you go.

Thanks and Regards,
      Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X