want to change employer -- Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to change employer -- Please help

Hi - I'm on OPT, I got a job 7 months back and I brought a layer between the client and me as I wanted to work on W2. After some time I wanted to work directly with the client, and my employer said I cannot go until 6 months and now its been 7 months, and once again I tried to switch the company,now he first treatened me I may loose a job because of all these issues.The contract between client and desi company doesnot say anything that it will prohibit ir doesnot prohibit. My employer called client and said If they take me without paying him he will sue them.

My employer is pathetic and he doesnot even return a call If I try to call him.

I'm not sure what to do.Please let me know My options.Can I complain to DOL If so Please let me know the resources.Can I take legal action ? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

1. That is the price of engaging with fraudelent desi consultants.
    2. Have you signed any agreement with the employer that prohibits you? Without written agreement, his threats are toothless. Discuss this with your client.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      1. That is the price of engaging with fraudelent desi consultants.
      2. Have you signed any agreement with the employer that prohibits you? Without written agreement, his threats are toothless. Discuss this with your client.

I didn't write any agreement with my employer.I told the same to the client, they clearly told that in the past they have handled these situations but now they said they can but all the time & money they are asking me to bear. I'm not sure of how much it costs or any other information.Can we do something by complaining to DOL or so ?

Comment

Your case is complicated. You should consult an experienced attorney on your own. They will be able advise you best.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X