H4 TO F1 RFE - Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 TO F1 RFE - Please help

I am on H1 and my wife is on H4. She has started MBA and filed for H4 - F1 change of status.

Yesterday we got RFE and I am not understanding follwing points.

1. The latest action listed on the applicant's school records in the student and exchange vistor information(SEVIS) shows applicant student as auto cancelled. You must contact designated school official(DSO) and have the electronic system updated to reflect active before the requested change of status can be granted.

2. Submit evidnece that you have paid the SEVIS 1-901 Fee.

3.The program start date of April 26,2010 on you SEVIS form I-20 has lapsed.Submit a new properly completed and signed orignal SEVIS I-20 with same SEVIS number from your present school reflecting a program start date for the next valid school term.Do not submit an I-20 with new SEVIS ID number.

Can any one help me understanding above points and let me know what document should I submit for the same.

Thanks in Advacne.
    HRMP.

You need to contact the school's International Student Office for 1 and 3.
    For 2 you need to pay the SEVIS fees and submit the receipt. Show the school's DSO this RFE and ask them to provide appropriate documentation.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

what's your status now?

HRMP, could you please update us with what happened with your RFE?

we are in a similar situation and would want to gather as much information as possible to answer the RFE.

which service center did you send your application to?
      and how after how many days did you get the RFE?
      if you have already responded to the RFE in how many days did your status update?

your response will be of great help
      thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X