Issue about Parents GC application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue about Parents GC application

I recently got my US citizenship....and now i want to apply GC for my parents...They already got visiter visa...so we are planning to run their file from US instead of India...

Here my question is...On visiter visa...they can only stay 6 months in US....so if they won't get their GC during that timeframe then what to do??...i mean do they have to go back india and come back again....or their is any possibility to get extension....

Originally posted by raj2525 View Post
    I recently got my US citizenship....and now i want to apply GC for my parents...They already got visiter visa...so we are planning to run their file from US instead of India...

Here my question is...On visiter visa...they can only stay 6 months in US....so if they won't get their GC during that timeframe then what to do??...i mean do they have to go back india and come back again....or their is any possibility to get extension....

You will need to file in category IR-5. Start by reading instructions and filling out I-130.

There is no extension possible in visitor visa and your parents will have to leave within 6 months. You can always have their consular processing done in their home country as they will need Police certificates from their home country as well and all the other associated documents.

I have limited knowledge in this area but if you have any further questions then post them and I'll try to answer them.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X