Validity of Police Clearance Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validity of Police Clearance Certificate

Is there a validity period of Police Clearance Certificate received from Indian Consulate in US?

I received a Police Clearance Certificate in Sept 2008 from Indian Consulate in SFO, is it still valid? It doesn’t say anything on the Certificate itself.
    The visa bulletin retrogressed in Oct 2008 so never really used it but I am expecting an interview call soon so want to be prepared.

Thank you.

Originally posted by brent View Post
    Is there a validity period of Police Clearance Certificate received from Indian Consulate in US?

I received a Police Clearance Certificate in Sept 2008 from Indian Consulate in SFO, is it still valid? It doesn’t say anything on the Certificate itself.
    The visa bulletin retrogressed in Oct 2008 so never really used it but I am expecting an interview call soon so want to be prepared.

Thank you.

Just found this on US Embassy London website:-

How long is a police certificate valid for?
    With the exception of the U.K. police certificate which is considered valid for 12 months from the date of issuance, a police certificate is valid indefinitely, provided you do not return to the country and reside for six months or more, if it's your country of birth or current residence. The period is twelve months for any other country.

I hope this solves your problem.

Good luck.
    Last edited by visjig; 07-30-2010, 02:07 PM. Reason: new information added

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X