GC application for mother and brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC application for mother and brother

I am a US citizen currently living in the UK due to work. I would like to apply for my brother's green card however due to the application length (i have been told it could be 12-24yrs!) I thought I could apply for my mother because it is a much shorter wait, she could then apply for my brother.

Once I have filled her application, do I need to be in the US when she eventually gets her GC and moves to the US?

My mother and brother are both in the UK.

many thanks!

Originally posted by NA123 View Post
    I am a US citizen currently living in the UK due to work. I would like to apply for my brother's green card however due to the application length (i have been told it could be 12-24yrs!) I thought I could apply for my mother because it is a much shorter wait, she could then apply for my brother.

Once I have filled her application, do I need to be in the US when she eventually gets her GC and moves to the US?

My mother and brother are both in the UK.

many thanks!
    If you apply for your brother it will be 9-10 years and if your mother applies when she becomes citizen it will be 8-9 years if your brother is married. It is a different case if he is unmarried.

To have your mother get the green card which is a permanent residence of the US, you will have to show financial support and accomodation etc for her. So it is ideal that you are in the US.

You should read https://www.immihelp.com/family-based-greencard/ thoroughly and if you have any further questions then please post.

Also see this post, it is very similar to your situation http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78858

Good luck.

Comment

Many thanks, this is very helpful

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X