Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare question F2 visa

Hello all,
    I am a female F1 student needing urgent help!! I finished masters in computer science and currently on OPT which started in May, 2010. Now I am training in one of the consulting companies. My visa is valid till 2013. My daughter (11 yrs old) who is in India got her F2 visa last week for a period of 3 months. Actually I am planning to take admission for her in a school in Pennsylvania and would like to apply for H1 in the near future as soon as I am done with my training.

1.what would be her status once she comes here after 3 months? Does it have anything to do with the date of my F1status expiration?
    2. If not, Does she need to apply for visa extension?
    3.If visa extension is necessary what is the process and how many days it takes?
    4.what type of questions they may ask at the port of entry. what are the documents that she needs to carry?
    5. As I am with a consultany, Is it necessary the company should have e-verification identification number? Given a choice to be with a well established US based firm (as a volunteer worker on OPT) as compared to a consultancy as an employee on OPT, what would be more advisable or more suitable for my daughter at the port of entry. I am willing to switch to work as volunteer with a well established US firm and update my employer on OPT if that works better at the port of entry
    6. Does she need to show the offer letter/employer letter near the entry?
    7.Can she stay in US after 3 months? Is there any chance of her going out of status and become illegal which may effect her future career?
    8. What could be validity of I-94 for her?

Atleast answer the questions what ever you know
    Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X