Can F2 look for a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can F2 look for a job?

Hi, I am in the US on F2 visa. I am intending to work as a web developer. Can I go out and look for a job/internship? Do I need a social security card? I heard that it's possible to change from F2 to H1B? How difficult is it? Please advice! Thank you so much.

Originally posted by buri
    Hi, I am in the US on F2 visa. I am intending to work as a web developer. Can I go out and look for a job/internship? Do I need a social security card? I heard that it's possible to change from F2 to H1B? How difficult is it? Please advice! Thank you so much.
    If you want to work in the US on F2 Visa, You have to apply for Employment Authorization Document (EAD) first. You can able to work once you got the EAD approval.

You no need to apply for the Social Security Card.

Comment

Can F2 apply for EAD

Hi ,

Wanted to enquire. Can a person on F2 can apply for EAD?

Priya

Comment

Originally posted by priyam425
        Hi ,

Wanted to enquire. Can a person on F2 can apply for EAD?

Priya
        Yes, Person on F2 visa can apply for EAD. There is no Law against it. But you have to prove the consular officer that your earning will not use for support F1 visa holders studies.

Comment

Originally posted by buri View Post
          Hi can you please tell me the procedure for applying EAD for F2 visa ?

Comment

F2 Visa is not eligible to work

Hello all ,

As far as i know F2 Visa Candidates cannot work or not eligible for EAD and also not eligible for SSN

For furthur queries contact immigration lawyer before proceeding

File H1 B through Consultancy or find an employer who can file H1B on your behalf once it is approved only you can work on H1 B visa after October 1st or after your status has changed to H1 B

I am in US from 1 and half year on F2 visa so as far as i know only H4 and F1 Visa holders are eligible that too H4 guys are eligible if their H1 Spouse is at stage 3 of GC

Please dont get into problems by working on F2 legally

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X