Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2/I-94 extension for spouse without L1 extension

Hi,
    I am on L1 Visa and travelled to US few months back. My Visa is expiring in July 2011 but my I-94 is valid till June 2012. I understand that I wont be able to file for extension before 6 months of I-94 expiry.
    Problem is that my wife travelled few weeks later than me. She has L2 as well as I-94 valid till July 2011 (same as my L1 Visa). I want to know how can we extend her I-94 till June 2012. Is it possible to have I-94 extension without having her L2 extended (which I understand will need my L1 extension as well)?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Your wife can file a I-539, showing copy of your I-94. She must do so before her current I-94 expires.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Not possible.

You're not allowed to work, too, beyond your L1 expiry date (even if I-94 has later date)

Comment

When does the L1 petition end? Was the I-94 given in error?

Comment

Thanks

Thanks All,
          My L1 Petition would end in July 2011. When I was passing through Immigration, I saw the I-94 date was in 2012. I asked the officer if this is some error. He replied that I can enter on this Visa till July 2011 and stay till 3 years from that day max. Since my passport will expire in 2012, he gave an I-94 till 2012.
          Guess there is some confusion on Visa and I-94 validity. Also I checked form I-539 but it did not say that L2 visa holders can file for it. USCIS website says it is used by F, M and K class Visa holders.
          Please clarify.

Thanks

Comment

If it was an L1 blanket visa, then they would sometimes give an I-94 that is valid for 3 years from the time of entry.

Originally posted by kk_pelican View Post
            Thanks All,
            My L1 Petition would end in July 2011. When I was passing through Immigration, I saw the I-94 date was in 2012. I asked the officer if this is some error. He replied that I can enter on this Visa till July 2011 and stay till 3 years from that day max. Since my passport will expire in 2012, he gave an I-94 till 2012.
            Guess there is some confusion on Visa and I-94 validity. Also I checked form I-539 but it did not say that L2 visa holders can file for it. USCIS website says it is used by F, M and K class Visa holders.
            Please clarify.

Thanks
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Extension

Yes, I have a blanket Visa. But how do I extend I-94 for my spouse in this case?

Comment

https:///us-visa-and-immigration-for...ant-status.jsp
                You can also e-File this form.

Comment

L2 visa I94 extention

Hi, I have a question regarding the I94 extention. My wife applied for the extension of the stay based on my visa but for some reason she had to leave the country. Can someone advise me on the following questions:
                  1. Would it impact the on going application?
                  2. Also now since she is in the home country, she will be applying for a new visa? So would it impact her visa application?
                  3. For the ongoing application, should we withdraw it or let it process on its on?

Thanks,
                  -Abhi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X