Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 renewal rejected

I came to US in 2005 for BS in CS at Villanova Univ. After 1 sem I
    transferred to San Diego State Univ in 2006.

I did not want to go to US because my gf was in India. I went because
    my parents insisted. But I could not concentrate on my studies. By the
    time I got settled and was able to concentrate, I got disqualified due
    to poor GPA. Then I moved to a community college.

I was re-admitted to SDSU but my F1 (5 yrs) expired. I had Community
    college I-20 and went to India. When I went for visa stamping my F1
    was rejected under 214(b) in Mumbai on Aug 24.

VO must have thought that I am changing univs just to extend my stay
    in US. That showed immigration intent and refused my visa. Am I right?

My gf doesnt want to come to US. So I just want to finish my degree,
    get back to India and marry. I am 25 yrs old. What should I tell VO in
    my next interview? Should I tell about my poor performance and real
    reason of gf behind it?

I am confused and sad. Please help!
    ---------------------------------
    Here's my interview:
    VO - Hi, how are you?

Me: I am good how are you.

VO: Great, thank you. So I can see you are here for a visa renewal.......why is that? You had a visa for 5 years and you did not finish your course. That tells me you are NOT a serious student.

Me: No....the thing is, I changed majors after doing 2.5 years of Computer Science. I then moved to Business Administration and that is why I need the extra time to finish off this course.

VO: I am looking at your record right now and I can see you have been changing schools a lot. Why?

Me: I was at Villanova University initially but due to the cold weather, I could not sustain living there and transferred to San Diego State University where the weather was more suitable for me. Later, when I was consistently doing bad at Computer Science, I went and discussed it with my advisor and she asked me to transfer to a community college to finish my lower division courses and then come back to SDSU. There were a lot of budget cuts and getting classes was extremely hard at SDSU. I am bad at Math and programming so that was another reason I moved to Business.

VO: Well, you still have to deal with Math in Business.

Me: Yes, but only 2 courses. Probability and Finite Math which is nothing compared to the tons of Math courses one needs to take in Computer Science.

VO: So what the heck are you doing at a community college?

Me: Like I said, I am finishing up my lower division courses which will be transferred to SDSU and I will graduate in 3 semesters after that.

VO: So you are not going to get a degree from Community College am I correct?

Me: Yes. I will be transferring to SDSU to finally graduate.

VO: So I can see that you are jumping from college to college. That really tells me you are not a serious student. You are supposed to finish your undergrad in 4 years and you were given a 5 year visa and still you could not do it. Moreover, I feel you are giving me plenty of excuses. So you are just changing schools and that shows us you are just trying to stay back there.

Me: I am a serious student but due to some emotional problems, I could not feel settled in the initial years. Now that I feel mentally settled, my performance has been going up consistently and I just have 3 more semesters to graduate.

VO: Thats right. You do feel settled now and thats what I am trying to say. Five years in the USA and not graduating.

Me: I want to go back and finish my degree.

VO: I am sorry but I cannot issue you a visa at this time.

F1 renewal rejected

Hello prem123

Did you reapply, If so did you get visa in second attempt. What did you do or say differently in second attempt to prove your intention to returning home. Please share your experience, It will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X