Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little help needed: bank statement for F-1 Visa

Hey there,
    I 'm currently doing my Bachelor in electrical & computer engineering in Germany and should be done in about a year. I would like to pursue a Masters Degree at the UNLV in Las Vegas , Nevada. I have a couple of questions , and please if you don't know for sure then don't anwer:
    1) I'm not German (student visa) , I came to Germany to study. Is it possible for me to apply for the F-1 Visa here in Germany ?
    2) Some of my financial questions were answered on this Website http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/univ...-fees-and-i20/ except 1: should I have the bank balance required for the Visa or should my sponsor have it ?
    3) Is it better to have a sponsor in the US or a sponsor in my home Land? Can I have 2 sponsors?
    4) A friend of mine , who is a US citizen is willing to cosign a student loan with me. Can i get a student loan before i get to the US? If yes, what if my visa gets rejected, can I then cancel the loan?
    A little help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by _Rampage_ View Post
    Hey there,
    I 'm currently doing my Bachelor in electrical & computer engineering in Germany and should be done in about a year. I would like to pursue a Masters Degree at the UNLV in Las Vegas , Nevada. I have a couple of questions , and please if you don't know for sure then don't anwer:
    1) I'm not German (student visa) , I came to Germany to study. Is it possible for me to apply for the F-1 Visa here in Germany ?
    It is better to apply in home country since you need to show ties to your home country.
    2) Some of my financial questions were answered on this Website http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/univ...-fees-and-i20/ except 1: should I have the bank balance required for the Visa or should my sponsor have it ?
    You and your sponsor both can jointly or individually have the necessary money.

3) Is it better to have a sponsor in the US or a sponsor in my home Land? Can I have 2 sponsors?
    Home country is better, you can have any number of sponsors.
    4) A friend of mine , who is a US citizen is willing to cosign a student loan with me. Can i get a student loan before i get to the US? If yes, what if my visa gets rejected, can I then cancel the loan?

You can apply for a loan and get it approved, but it will not be disbursed before you actually register for classes. You can cancel it anytime (even after disbursement in some cases)

A little help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Answers above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Oh man thanks A LOT. That was really helpful and fast . I will print this page so I won't forget the answers. I'm still going to apply from Germany though since if I don't get a Visa , I would like to do 1 year OPT before going back to my home country. Thanks again man.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X