Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Statements

Hi,

I am going to my home country for f1 stamping & my dad's sponsoring me.

Please let me know how many months bank statements should we provide? In the list of docs it says 3yrs but was wondering if 3yrs statements are mandatory.

Also, I was told that we need to carry a letter from the school for the interview. It would be great if someone could share a sample letter so that I'll have an understanding of the 'content' to be mentioned in the letter & request for the same from my school.

Thanks for your help in advance.

6 months statements.
    Simple admission or acceptance letter is fine.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi...thank you for the reply...

I am preparing a cover letter for myself. But wanted to know if I have to carry a cover letter from the sponsor (its my dad here) as well ?

Comment

Won't hurt.

Comment

Hi Kabkaba,

I am going to my home country & I would be there for 3 1/2 months..Will be leaving at the end of this month & my return would be sum time in Jan. I am doing my 3rd semester from there (online) & I have got permission from my university for this. My I-20 has been endorsed on Sep 10th. While I'm there I'll get my F1 stamping done. I know you could stay out of the country for 5 months & I-20 is valid for 1year from the date of endorsement.

But still would like to know if there is any risk involved here. Also will there be any problem at the port of entry while coming back. Please advice if there is anything I should or should not do here.

Also, for F1 visa is I-134 needed from the sponsor (my dad)..?

I am submitting Affidavit of support (100 rupees notarized doc) from my dad which is like a substitute for a cover letter. Hence I am not carrying any other cover letter from my dad. I hope this is enough.

Thanks.

Comment

Just make sure your school is informed of this trip and they keep your SEVIS active. You of course have keep enrolled full time and make normal progress towards the degree (pass courses).

I-134 is not required, normal affidavit is fine.

Prepare convicing and truthful answers to questions like how this program will be helpful to you, why did you choose this school, what will you do after the program, what binds you to your home country etc.

Comment

Hi Kabkaba,

Thank you for all your valuable suggestions..You are being of great help to me.

I would like to mention another point here that I came to the US on B2 visa (visitor)...Back then I purely came to visit my family & after that things fell into place one after the other..I applied for COS (B2 to F1) & got accepted by USCIS..

Is there anything else I need to bear in mind other than the things you have suggested as I went for COS here in USA.

Also I am trying hard to get an interview appointment date before my semester starts but just in case I don't get a date is it OK to attend the interview after my semester starts or should I try for emergency appointment. Is it advisable in my case..?

Thanks.

Comment

Regular appointment is advisable.

Comment

Hi Kabkaba,

1) In I-134 which address should we mention in Question # 3 where its mentioned as 'presently resides at' - Last 10months I have been in the USA & before that in India. Should I mention India or USA address..? This is being done by my dad for me.

2) Also what is the answer for Question # 10 which mentions 'I have submitted a visa petition' what should my dad mention here ? I din't understand this question. Both me & my dad went for B2 visa & my sister sponsored us & for my COS for my F1 my dad sponsored me.

I went through step by step instructions of I-134 din't find answers for these two questions. Please help.

Thanks.

Comment

I-134 is meant for a US resident to affirm his/her financial support to a Foreigner Visa applicant. Your father does not need to file that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X