Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-apply for J Visa

Hi,
    I was in USA as postdoc with J1Visa and returned India after resigning to my work. Can I again apply for J1 Visa after a break of 1 year stay in India? If not, can I get Visa for other countries, other than USA?

As far as I know, it's definitely possible to obtain a J1 twice. The only concern is to find a program sponsor that provides you with the DS-2019.

Comment

Originally posted by prahladk View Post
      Hi,
      I was in USA as postdoc with J1Visa and returned India after resigning to my work. Can I again apply for J1 Visa after a break of 1 year stay in India? If not, can I get Visa for other countries, other than USA?

J visa twice is possible! But don’t forget 'TWO YEARS HOME COUNTRY REQUIREMENT" For most of J visitor!

Comment

j1 waiver

I am on j1 visa and doing my 3rd yr internal medicine residency. ( finishes in June) I got hospitalist job under j1 waiver from July . I am in process to applying for waiver. I need to go to India next month , can I leave the country when my visa is in process .. Please help me

Comment

Was anyone able to do back to back J1 visa?

There are two rules 1)212e where if it says that you are subject to 2 years home req, which means you can not apply even to any other type of visas for 2 years (e.g.h1b). 2) there is general 2 years rule where you can not apply for another j visa specifically (back to back) unless if you show development or if you have graduated from a non US institute for not more than a year.

I think these are the rules, if you are not subject to 212e, you still have to show that you had a non US degree recently. very few J1 sponsors would help in doing back to back j1 btw, but i found one that is willing to do so after contacting 10 or so lol

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X