Passport Application Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Application Help

I am trying to complete the passport application but, in my opinion, a few of the questions are not clear.

Question 11 states: When did applicant first leave India?
    Well, I wasnt born in India, I was born in another country, but have Indian passport b/c am of Indian decent. I only went to India as a young child. So, I am uncertain how I am to answer this question; any suggestions?

Question 13: I currently have ENCR status in my passport. Does that mean I check ENCR and provide a copy of that page of my passport as evidence?

14. Profession and Business Address. This question provides a 1 inch line to answer this question... where do I provide the answer???

Question 22: No of Lost/damaged passport: Place of Issue: Date of Issue" Valid Until:

Is question # 22 to be left blank unless I have lost or damaged my passport?

Assuming #23 is only applicable to lost/damaged passport as well....and is to be left blank

Question 24: Is applicant registered with Indian Mission/Post? I have no earthly idea what this is asking ...help?

Question 25: Particulars of children, if any, to be deleted?

Does this mean I only enter my children's info if I want them deleted from my passport? My children are toddlers and have yet to be added to my passport. Do I use this section to add them or no?

By the way, Ive tried contacting the Houston Consulate for weeks with no luck. Reached them once before printing the application and after that have had no luck reaching anyone.

Comment

Qn 11. Why don't you give the exact answer? Your passport should have the dates sealed.

Qn 13. Isn't it ECNR? What exactly is the Qn?

For others AFAIK, you should be using either N.A. or No as applicable to your case.

Comment

Its too late to reply, but just in case if it helps some one in future.. Its a confusing question though:-

Is it possible to include the child's name in the parent's passport?

Inclusion of child's name has been discontinued. Minor child should have separate passport irrespective of his/her age. What should you do if the child's name was entered in the parent's passport earlier? If the child is less than 15 years, he/she can still legally be eligible to travel on this passport. However, most of the countries insist on separate passport for children. Therefore, it is advisable to obtain a separate passport for the child by getting the name deleted from parent's passport.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X