221g green slip from mumbai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221g for father

My father went for visitors visa at mumbai consulate..my mother got visa for 10 years but for my father they gave 221g green slip . They asked to email all the documents research, resume, itinerary. He is a retired person. Dont know why they are asking all this.
    He had an interview on nov 23rd, I emailed all required documents on 25th Nov.
    For research I wrote NA and the reson that he is retired and never involved in any research. How much time it will take to get the response from them?

Comment

Hello all,

I got reply from consulate exactly after 3 weeks (on15th Nov). I was asked to submit my pasport and vfs envelope. Finally I got my VISA exactly after 3 days. Just be patient in this case, this case varies from person to person. As well as they have given different criterias in the final mail I received..like for green form I just need to submit passport to VFS...for yellow I need to take appointment again with consulate etc.

Comment

221 g green form mumbai Dec 30

Hello All,

I went for my visa interview on the 30th of Dec 2010 and received the 221 g form. I have plans to fly back on the 17th of Jan. I currently came to restamp my H1-B and they created this additional processing this time around. I work for GE and never had this issue in my first stamping. Can someone please let me know how long this process takes and why this has happened?

Comment

221G Green slip Mumbai - Visa status pending

Hi everyone,

My wife gave her interview on Dec23 and was given the green slip at Mumbai consulate. Her visa status is still under pending status. She has a postdoc in Microbiology and Immunology and has 3 yrs work experience. We never had a problem before and so this thing came out of the blue. From all the posts it seems its taking between 3-5 weeks. The consulate does not respond properly to any queries except that its still under processing. Keep this thread updated and so we can share our experiences.

Comment

221(g) green form Mumbai Consulate

Hi Everybody,

I would really appreciate if anyone can provide me a copy of 221(g) green slip to my email address at [email protected] ?

221(g) green slip from mumbai consulate

Thanks
            KC
            Last edited by kpatel6117; 01-26-2011, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Check the below link
              https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/221grefusal/

Originally posted by kpatel6117 View Post
              Hi Everybody,

I would really appreciate if anyone can provide me a copy of 221(g) green slip to my email address at [email protected] ?

221(g) green slip from mumbai consulate

Thanks
              KC
              Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

221 g green (also yellow and white)

Earlier few years back I had six months J1 visa and later Whenever I applied for either B1 or B2 visa I get only one year visa. So far I never got visa rejection.

In 2005 No 221g letter
                I was not asked to submit any documents under 221 g and got the visa same day

In 2006 I was given White 221 g letter and asked to submit technical questionniare and my cv by email
                God clearance in 29 days -- 4 weeks
                -had to re-visit consulate

In 2009 I was given yellow 221g letter and asked to submit above documents along with DS 157 and invitation letter
                Got clearance in 18 days -less than 3 weeks
                --was asked to submit passport in VFS office

In 2011 I am given green 221g letter and asked to submit various documents like invitation letter from US company , conference letter etc in PDF format and past , present research experience, list of publications ---etc in word format
                After submitting documents as on today 27 days are over , so far no msg form consulate
                When enquired about status - no reply from consulate
                VFS replied that - case is pending and one can know the status of application on

Checked for my application number under the list updated Feb 8, 2011
                Not found my number indicating case is still pending

I enjoyed all three colors of 221g but dont knw significance of each color.
                Does any one know the difference between white , yellow and green 221g letters?

All my colleagues who are researchers and applied for US visa (under business, tourist, exchange visitor ) , have been asked to undergo 221g. So far we did not hear any visa rejection case though the waiting period for clearance has been varied from 2 weeks to 8 weeks

Please keep on keeping 221g active -- all good and bad experiences

PS

Comment

221 G Green in Mumbai consulate

Hi All,
                  I been for H1b Visa Interview on 31st Oct 2011 and got the same green slip.
                  I could answers all the questions but since I have not done any research work i'm not sure what to answers.
                  I have done Masters and BE in electronics and telecom.

I already send them my Job description against researh and they did reply me asking specific information about research.

Here is question:
                  Research: A complete and detail description of 1) any research you intended to conduct in the US: and 2) all past and/or current research in all the countries. You must include a description of the practical application of your research or study.

Can somebody suggest me what to Answers for this? you can send me amail on [email protected]

-Praveen

Comment

221 G Green in Mumbai consulate

Originally posted by desi_221 View Post
                    I also got green slip for h1B. Can anyone tell me what exactly we need to submit for
                    invitation letter?
                    purpose?
                    Itinerary? - as I do not know when will i travel back as it depends on the visa and also which all locations. can i give location of my client and my company where i will be working?
                    funding? as i am sponsoring my trip can i write self funding as the same was mentioned in ds 160.
                    I do not have any research so i wont be submitting that document. is this fine?
                    please help

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I been for H1b Visa Interview on 31st Oct 2011 and got the same green slip.
                    I could answers all the questions but since I have not done any research work i'm not sure what to answers.
                    I have done Masters and BE in electronics and telecom.

I already send them my Job description against researh and they did reply me asking specific information about research.

Here is question:
                    Research: A complete and detail description of 1) any research you intended to conduct in the US: and 2) all past and/or current research in all the countries. You must include a description of the practical application of your research or study.

Can somebody suggest me what to Answers for this? you can send me amail on [email protected]

-Praveen

Comment

221g document email submited .. asked to resubmit??

Hi Folks,

I appeared for the H1-B interview at the Mumbai consulate and got the green 221g letter. I have tried submitting all my documents in the requested format twice via email and both times I got an email back in a couple of days saying that

"Thank you for your correspondence. In order to proceed with your application you must submit all details of your past and intended research. You must resubmit all of the information listed on the letter given to you at your interview in a single email as per the affirmed formats. If any information is not applicable to you; please mention as ‘Not applicable’ under the respective header. The invite letter must be sent as a pdf document and all other information as a single word document, both attached to a single email. We are unable to process your application further unless we receive all of the required information in a single email."

Does anyone know what the pitfalls are while emailing these documents and has anyone experienced this before.

All help is appreciated.

Comment

221(g) green slip

Hi,

My H-1B Visa stamping interview on 6th Jan 2011 lasted for only 2-3 minutes. I was asked about my research (I am a postdoc and work in a microbiology lab), salary and my family background. The consulate officer did not see a single document and handed me the 221(g) slip.
                        Initially I emailed my original offer letter as the invitation letter (pdf), and other requested documents (as separate word doc) on Jan 7. I received an email from the USCIS, suggesting that I need to resubmit a recently dated invitation letter, and that all the word documents need to be submitted as a SINGLE word document. For one of the documents (Travels to other countries, except to the US), I wrote 'Not Applicable" in the header.
                        I emailed my (1) invitation letter and (2) a word document with the requested information (Resume, Research, purpose, itinerary, funding, Travelers, Travels) on January 10,but did not receive the automated response. I resend the email again on January 13 and immediately received the automated reply.
                        Currently I am waiting to hear back from the USCIS. I have heard that it may take 3 weeks or longer. I have postponed my travel back to the States and enjoying my extended stay with the family.

Aakansha

Comment

Hi Aakansha,

My interview was on 6th Jan.
                          VO handed over me 221(g) green and asked me to submitt all marked documnets to nearest VFS.
                          Nothing was mentioned in 221(g) sleep.
                          So, I just submitt all docs to Ahmedabad VFS on 17th Jan.
                          VFS lady told me that I will receive an eamil in 5 business days.
                          Still waiting for their reply.

If you don't mind,
                          can you send me your 221(g) green sleep at [email protected] ?

Thanks,
                          Kaushik Patel

Comment

Hi,

I don't have the 221(g) green slip anymore as I submitted it today to the VFS office after my CEAC code number appeared in the online list. The slip had the list of documents that I had listed in my previous post to this thread.
                            My CEAC number appeared on Feb 3, but the list was updated today. I submitted my (1) passport, (2) a photocopy of my I-797A, (3) the 221(g) green slip. I also paid Rs. 180 for the VFS envelope.

You should check your pending visa status everyday in the morning so that if the number appears, it gives you enough time to collect the documents and submit to the nearest VFS office on the same day.

Good Luck!
                            Aakansha

Comment

Sharing my 221(g) experience.

Hello folks,

Just sharing out my experience. I understand the darker side of the system but also believe that they have tremendous work load which keeps them up on their toes.

I received 221(g) green slip and was told to submit the documents. I submitted the documents on 4th Jan 2012 and my H1B visa got approved on 19th Jan 2012. I submitted my passport on 20th Jan and received my visa stamped passport on 23rd.

So it did take some time but not like 3months which many people have mentioned. I know that it takes time for some cases but there are cases which happen within VFS mentioned 3weeks timeline. So folks be optimistic and pray if you believe in God. Thats least you can do.

Remember to submit each and every documents they have asked for (dont even miss a single one).

IMP TIP: If possible submit everything in original as well as additional documents which will confirm that your geniunly working for that firm like client letters, client badges etc. This will speed up the process like it did in my case.

Hope this helps. Best Luck folks.

Comment

H1 Visa ,221g green slip

Hi ,

Here are some details

Interview Date - 18th DEC at Mumbai Counslate
                                i got green 221g slip
                                Jan 2nd- I submitted all the documents asked from my petitioner
                                Feb 13th - got mail to submit passport saying we are ready for the final processing .
                                At last Note: It never gurantee that your visa is issued at this moment..

Can anyone help what it mean And how much more time will it take ...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X