221g green slip from mumbai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greenslip Chennai

Got my visa approved after receiving 221 g green slip.

Attended interview on Nov 29, got a green slip in Chennai. Asked all the Client info documents.
    Droped on documents on Dec 17th.
    Got email saying passport is ready to pick up(No information on approved status).
    Went tp VFS office for pick up and happy ending.

Comment

Which documents are you talking about? For green slip you only need to submit typed material right?

Originally posted by seldon View Post
      Hello folks,

Just sharing out my experience. I understand the darker side of the system but also believe that they have tremendous work load which keeps them up on their toes.

I received 221(g) green slip and was told to submit the documents. I submitted the documents on 4th Jan 2012 and my H1B visa got approved on 19th Jan 2012. I submitted my passport on 20th Jan and received my visa stamped passport on 23rd.

So it did take some time but not like 3months which many people have mentioned. I know that it takes time for some cases but there are cases which happen within VFS mentioned 3weeks timeline. So folks be optimistic and pray if you believe in God. Thats least you can do.

Remember to submit each and every documents they have asked for (dont even miss a single one).

IMP TIP: If possible submit everything in original as well as additional documents which will confirm that your geniunly working for that firm like client letters, client badges etc. This will speed up the process like it did in my case.

Hope this helps. Best Luck folks.

Comment

221g Green Slip

Hi All,

I had my H1 B interview on 6th Jan and recieved 221 g Green Slip. US consulate asked to submit my empoyer documents which I submitted on 17th Jan. After that I recieved email from US Consulate saying that I have to submit some additional docs which I submitted on 13th Feb. After 5 week I sent email to VFS helpline for follow up I recieved reply that US consulate didnt recieve my documents so please send scan VFS reciept that you get when you submitted docs . I did that on 24th March and still waiting for reply.

Can anyone tell me what will be approximate time to hear back from US consulate in this case ?

Can I directly send email to US consulate for follow up ? if yes does anyone know email address that I can send email to?

Jimit Shah

Comment

221g green slip Mumbai

@Jayesh: I am in the same boat...

Interview Date - 30th nov 2012(H1B first stamping)
          i got green 221g slip
          Dec 4th- I submitted all the documents asked from my petitioner
          dec 18th - got mail to submit passport saying we are ready for the final processing .
          At last Note: It never gurantee that your visa is issued at this moment..
          Submitted passport on 19th dec 2012... showing passport current passport status is delivered to post

any idea? did you received your passport with stamping? how much time it will take?

Comment

For F1?

Originally posted by kamatsumits View Post
            Hello,

I had my L1 visa interview on 19 oct. The interviewer just asked what I worked as and about my education. He then handed over a 221(g) green slip to me which mentions that i need to email them more information. Below is the information requested:
            1) Invitation letter from the company.
            2) Resume.
            3) Research.
            4) Position.
            5) Purpose of the visit.
            6) Itenary of all locations I will visit.
            7) Funding: Name of the person who will fund my trip
            8) Travelers: A list of all the travellers who will accompany me.
            9) Travel dates of all international travel except for US.

I have prepared these documents. Can anyone tell me is there any specific format for same? I have one pdf scanned copy of invitation letter, word document for resume and one more word document containing the rest information. Is this fine or should I change something?

What will be the further steps for the same? Will they call me or I need to take folloup with them continuously?

Please reply

Regards,
            Sumit
            How to get invitation letter in case of F1 221g ?

Comment

B1 visa, got green Slip please help

Hi, I attended Visa Interview at Mumbai on 5th March 2014, I got green Slip, I had sent all the required doc as per the intrsuction on 6th March 2014 but recived a mail on 6th march to resend the doc. which I did on 7th march 2014, but since then I didnt recive any communication, still waiting. Please help.

Bramhanand

Comment

221 g

Originally posted by bramhanand19 View Post
                Hi, I attended Visa Interview at Mumbai on 5th March 2014, I got green Slip, I had sent all the required doc as per the intrsuction on 6th March 2014 but recived a mail on 6th march to resend the doc. which I did on 7th march 2014, but since then I didnt recive any communication, still waiting. Please help.

Bramhanand
                In the past I have been issued 221g 6-7 times and every time I got my B1/B2 visa ( I get visa only for one year)
                Earlier we used to check status with bar code on

Now here I notice that bar codes till Dec 2013 are processed

Is there new process now to check the status?

Prasad

Comment

221g Green slip for H4visa in Mumbai

Me and my wife went for visa interview together, I got my H1B approved but
                  my wife received 221G green slip to submit documents. She was on H4 visa
                  for last two years. Visa officer asked for invitation letter, resume,
                  funding ect which she dont have because she dont work. Need help, please
                  let us know what you guys except for following

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X