NVC Case Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVC Case Status

My I-130 was approved by CSC on 9/16/2010. I called NVC and spoke to a representative on thursday 9/23/2010. She asked me for my USCIS case # and told me that the file has been received by NVC and I should get the first package in the mail in about 4-6 weeks. She told me that the NVC case # was not assigned yet. Today I called NVC automated service to track the status and see if a NVC case # was assigned. The automated service said that they had no records of my file. Is anyone familiar with this situation. If the automated system could not find the file that means it is not in their system. If anyone got something similar can you please let me know what it might mean. If I should depend on the NVC rep or the automated system.

Originally posted by immi786 View Post
    My I-130 was approved by CSC on 9/16/2010. I called NVC and spoke to a representative on thursday 9/23/2010. She asked me for my USCIS case # and told me that the file has been received by NVC and I should get the first package in the mail in about 4-6 weeks. She told me that the NVC case # was not assigned yet. Today I called NVC automated service to track the status and see if a NVC case # was assigned. The automated service said that they had no records of my file. Is anyone familiar with this situation. If the automated system could not find the file that means it is not in their system. If anyone got something similar can you please let me know what it might mean. If I should depend on the NVC rep or the automated system.
    I'm hoping that by CSC you mean California Service Center. Since your case was approved around 6-7 working days ago it must not have turned up with the NVC people who generate case numbers so quickly. Give atleast 2 weeks and then ring the NVC automated system to check if they have assigned you a NVC case #. These things take time to reach the top people at NVC who assign case numbers. What I understand is your file has been received by NVC (mail room) and is on the way up.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
    Last edited by visjig; 09-27-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Hey, I think you posted a question earlier. My I-130 was also approved on the same date as yours. I called them, and they also told me that I should receive a package 4-6 weeks. I recently e-mailed them ,but they haven't responded yet. I called the automated service to check my case status, but just like yours, it has not been assigned yet.

Comment

My case was approved on sept.16, 2010 too.. so we'll just have to wait for the package then, and see what the next instruction will be..

Comment

NVS Case Status

My I-130 was also approved by California Service Center on 11/09/2010. I have not had a chance to talk to a representative yet, however, I called NVC and the automated voice said they have no record of my file.

I am guessing it will take another week or so before a NVC case number is assigned.

If you all have more information to share that could be helpful, then please do so.

Good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by aspresswala View Post
            My I-130 was also approved by California Service Center on 11/09/2010. I have not had a chance to talk to a representative yet, however, I called NVC and the automated voice said they have no record of my file.

I am guessing it will take another week or so before a NVC case number is assigned.

If you all have more information to share that could be helpful, then please do so.

Good luck to all.
            Hi, just have a question - How long it took to approve your I-130? I filed in July

Comment

Hi Rinitka,

According to USCIS they received my I-130 application on June 30, 2010.

I did not hear from them at all after they sent me the first notice letting me know they received my application.

If you haven't heard anything from them either then I'd say you should be hearing from them within 30 more days depending on the day USCIS received your application.

Comment

Hi Rinitka,

According to USCIS they received my I-130 application on June 30, 2010.

I did not hear from them at all after they sent me the first notice letting me know they received my application.

If you haven't heard anything from them either then I'd say you should be hearing from them within 30 more days depending on the day USCIS received your application.
                thanks for your answer. I filed 7/29, so a month after you. hopefully it comes fast!! ))

Comment

Originally posted by rinitka View Post
                  thanks for your answer. I filed 7/29, so a month after you. hopefully it comes fast!! ))
                  just an update: mine was approved on Nov 21 ) yahooo!

Comment

Hi Rinitka,

That's awesome! Congrats..one step closer. In the meanwhile I've had to do an AOS (Affidavit of Support) and DS-3032 for my spouse.

I just mailed all that yesterday.

So waiting on for the next step now which I think will be DS-230 for me.

Keep me posted on your process. Its nice to hear everything is going well with you.

Good Luck

Comment

Hi Rinitka,

That's awesome! Congrats..one step closer. In the meanwhile I've had to do an AOS (Affidavit of Support) and DS-3032 for my spouse.

I just mailed all that yesterday.

So waiting on for the next step now which I think will be DS-230 for me.

Keep me posted on your process. Its nice to hear everything is going well with you.

Good Luck
                      A quick question: you are filing DS form because your spouse is out of country, correct? I mean not in the US.
                      Coz i'm in the US and i think i need to file i-485 now

Comment

Yes my spouse is overseas. Hence I need to do a form DS 3032.

However I will not have to do I-485 cause my spouse isn't in the states.

I-485 only applies if the applicant is also in the states.

Comment

Yes my spouse is overseas. Hence I need to do a form DS 3032.

However I will not have to do I-485 cause my spouse isn't in the states.

I-485 only applies if the applicant is also in the states.
                          Great , thanks for your answer! Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X