H4 to F1 very urgent PLzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 very urgent PLzz

I was on H4 visa for 2 yrs, I have a stamped H4 visa until May 2011 but I got my F1 only 3 months back. I have to ravel to India in Nov, so I need to go for stamping. Will this be a problem?

Some resons for which i am asking this question are:

1) The university I am studying has a campus in Delhi, India
    2) Why should I change to F1 if I can study on H4?
    3) A permanent resident application is filed for my husband recently, will that be a problem for my F1 stamping?

If something goes wrong, will I be able to come back on H4?

Can someone respond fast so that I can book my ticket.

Previous H4 Visa should not affect new F1 visa application. Having a change of status approved also does not affect it.

You will need to prepare convincing and true answers to questions like what will you do after returning to India (on program completion).
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you, but not having a GRE and Tofel score, will it be a problem to get F1 visa stamped?

Comment

Not having GRE TOEFL is not a problem. But going to a school that does not require GRE, TOEFL is a problem. Such schools are mostly third rate and hence Consular officers suspect that the intention is not solely education.
        Prepare a convincing and true answer as to why you think this education is going to be good for you.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

One more quick help plz..
            While scheduling the appoint in the vfs website, what should i say for this question???

Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?*
            Yes / No

Actually I used to have H4, but right now I am going for F1 stamping, I already have paper stating that I am in F1 status.

Some of my friends are saying I need to click 'yes' and some are saying I need to click 'NO'.

Comment

Visa and status are two different things. You have never had F1 Visa so select accordingly.

Comment

Got it thanks. I do not have a F1 visa in my passport, I am on F1 status though. Thanks a ton for clarifying my questions. Really appreciate your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X