Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Denied, Need your advise

Good Morning,

I'm from India. While I was preparing for my F1 visa interview, I came across this immihelp.com website and found it extremely informative & articulate. It is reading this website so many times that encouraged me to write to you about my case.

I had appeared for my first F1 visa interview on 8th July'2010 at the Chennai Consulate,India. Unfortunately my visa was rejected under section 214(b) for a second masters.

I have an I-20 from Texas A&M Univ, Kingsville campus for MS in Computer Science. I hold a 3 year masters in computer applications degree from India. All my financial papers & other proof's are in place and also that I had filled my application with utmost care & honesty.

At this juncture this is requesting you to suggest whether I should try again may be during last week of July'2010 or early Aug'2010. The reporting date at TAMU-K is 12th Aug'2010.

Would it make any significance to carry enough proof stating that my masters is equivalent to a 4yr bachelor's course in engineering and hence the need to pursue a second masters.

On the other hand I also have an I-20 from Univ of Pittsburgh (a conditional offer of admit) for a masters course.

Do you think I should consider the Pittsburgh I-20 and try again. (I'm not sure if I'll get a visa on a conditional admit)

My last option is to defer all admissions at this point of time, may be get better scores, look for some work opportunties here & may be try for Sping/Fall 2011 for a PhD.

Your inputs will be a value addition in this crucial time,

Thank you for your time,
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

All I can say is try again and hope for the best. Simply changing the school is not going to help/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X