Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Research and Teaching Assistantships come under previous employment

Hey,

First of all thanks for helping us out with your website.

I have not found answer to my question. I am going to India for H1b stamping. My problem is i have never taken my paystubs from my university as it was RA and TA. Do Reasearch and teaching assist. come under Previous job? please help me out.

If they do what documents i have to take. Thanks in advance for your help...

If you have mentioned in your I-129 petition then it would be considered as your previous work experience and you should put it in your resume for Visa interview too. For evidence you can either take paystub or W-2 from university for the years you worked for them (if you have enough time to get all this paper work). They might not even ask for paystub or w-2 but it is better to carry them just in case. From personal experience if you worked during your OPT or CPT take your I-20, which mentions your CPT status and also carry your OPT card if you have one, they asked me: Do you have any proof what you did between your graduation and joining this new job, so I showed them my OPT card and told them that I was on OPT. Hope this will help you.

Comment

It is considered as employment. W-2 is sufficient proof of employment. Paystubs are only usually required for H1 employment to prove payment as per LCA. Don't worry about it.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you guys for the quick replies...

I do have my W2 form for those years and OPT card. i will get my pay stubs from my university. I have checked my I-129 form, i haven't mentioned about my RA or TA.

Last question: Do i have to take any experience letters from my Department in Univ and two co-workers number (all i can give is my friends number as they were also TAs but it wont be on school's letter head)

Thanks...

Comment

I-129 is not your form, it is filed by your employer. I do not think there is any mention of beneficiary's previous employment in that form.
          You need to mention previous employment in your DS-160 if it asks for it. You do not need experience letters for your Visa application, but if you can manage it is good to have those for future records. Co-workers statements are only an alternate way of proving past employment.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X