Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f1 to h1b change of status ds-160 doubts

Hi,

I have my h1b petition approved and am in the process of booking an interview date for visa stamping when i return to India next month. I studied at a reputed school and now work for a reputed big 4 company.

I have a few doubts.

1. Specify home address -> which one do i specify? my current one in the US or my home address in India

2. Previous Employment -> Are on-campus jobs and Teaching Assistantships involved in this?

3. Nowhere on the application form does it allow me to indicate that I was on f-1 and then consequently on f-1 opt. It just asks for a visa number. Is this normal?

4. previous travel -> I returned for a vacation in the summer? does that have to be included?

5. Date you intend to arrive and depart in the US: I have a return flight in dec (which would be the arrival date in the US) , but what do i put down as the departure date? Even as an approximate? Do i just indicate what is on my i-94?

6. Have u visited any other countries in the last 5 yrs? This is confusing, I was in the US and I visited India , and when i was in India i visited US. Do i take it to mean APART FROM US AND INDIA? what do i fill out here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Originally posted by sudarshanmj View Post
    Hi,

I have my h1b petition approved and am in the process of booking an interview date for visa stamping when i return to India next month. I studied at a reputed school and now work for a reputed big 4 company.

I have a few doubts.

1. Specify home address -> which one do i specify? my current one in the US or my home address in India
    Any one. India is better.
    2. Previous Employment -> Are on-campus jobs and Teaching Assistantships involved in this?
    Yes, certainly.
    3. Nowhere on the application form does it allow me to indicate that I was on f-1 and then consequently on f-1 opt. It just asks for a visa number. Is this normal?
    Technically when you are in India, all your previous statuses are irrelevant.
    4. previous travel -> I returned for a vacation in the summer? does that have to be included?
    Yes, all travel.
    5. Date you intend to arrive and depart in the US: I have a return flight in dec (which would be the arrival date in the US) , but what do i put down as the departure date? Even as an approximate? Do i just indicate what is on my i-94?
    Arrival as per your plan. Departure as per your petition expiry. You should not have any I-94 when you are in India.
    6. Have u visited any other countries in the last 5 yrs? This is confusing, I was in the US and I visited India , and when i was in India i visited US. Do i take it to mean APART FROM US AND INDIA? what do i fill out here?

US. Until you immigrate pemanently to the US, all your stays are only non-permanent trips.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Answers above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X