Is everyone getting Green/Pink/Blue slip 221G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is everyone getting Green/Pink/Blue slip 221G

It is just a exp sharing question rather than any technical.

I wonder is consulate in India giving everyone Green/Blue (whatever color) slip or there are people who are actually getting Visa at interview date itself.

Just share your exp if you are one of those.

FYI, I am going for visa stamping in Delhi consulate on Oct-26, already working in US, stamping required due to H1B COS. I will let other knows how it goes.

Hey

Hey, I think my case is similar to yours

I am currently in US on H1B, I initially came to US on L1B in June 2008 and since then have been working with Client X. 2 months back I switched to H1B and I continue to work with the same client but with a different vendor. This Vendor is the preferred vendor for the client.
    My situation is Empoyer-->Preferred Vendor-->End Client

Now, I am planning to go to India in Nov. I would need to get the H1 stamping done in New Delhi before coming back?

Let me know how your exp is with Delhi Consulate

Comment

To all the people coming to India for H1B stamping ...
      Please select any other place then delhi.
      I say its the worst embassy.
      Irresponsible , reckless, and i say mean.,
      Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. It would be useful information for others. I have already scheduled interview with Delhi embassy and my home is also in Delhi.

Any specific incident you want to share with us.

Originally posted by rksukhani11 View Post
        To all the people coming to India for H1B stamping ...
        Please select any other place then delhi.
        I say its the worst embassy.
        Irresponsible , reckless, and i say mean.,
        Thanks

Comment

Is everyone getting Green/Pink/Blue slip 221G

Yes. Please AVOID AVOID AVOID Delhi embassy if your employer doesnt have a direct contract with the Client or if you work for a desi consulting firm !!!

Comment

I wonder does this make any difference working for desi consulting firm?
            I understand direct contract between employer and client thing.

Any way my employer is not desi consulting firm and he is direct vendor for end client.

I am going to appear in Delhi embassy, I will let everyone know here about my exp.

Originally posted by vinayakach View Post
            Yes. Please AVOID AVOID AVOID Delhi embassy if your employer doesnt have a direct contract with the Client or if you work for a desi consulting firm !!!

Comment

@ everybody....

Well ..had my interview at delhi .....dint got dates for mumbai so opted for delhi..... 221g provided on 16th june and I hope will be granted H!B soon and then will go back. .....so you can sum it up .... they are really not worth the job of embassy...i would give them -10/10
              Thanks
              Please do post how your interview went there....

Comment

Not worth the try

Yes folks, for anyone wondering why Delhi embassy has recently been rejecting visas. I believe even the immigration lawyers do not have the answers but I did speak to reputed law firms who confirmed that it is the last choice one should make.
                I went to the embassy for my visa renewal. I have never been on bench or anything, a perfect law abiding citizen and my employer is not a desi small company.
                I was issued a 221g and my case was deemed ineligible. well the issue is Delhi embassy has been strongly following the Neufeld memo in a fashion not intended by the USCIS nor any other embassies and they are not ready to accept third party business model even if you have all proofs that your employer has complete control over your work. The moment they hear the word vendor, they have been rejecting visas. now this is not the case with Chennai or any other embassies. And also they have been delaying any paper work on purpose even if they know that the case is genuine.
                I strongly suggest, no H1B cases to go to Delhi embassy if you have any other option.

Comment

Mr

I wish I would have seen this post 2 days back, I had very bad experience and I am another victim for this situation. I went to Delhi last day, I am working for a well reputed client and all the dcouments were perfect and as said above when he heard that I am working for so and so company with third party company, thats it, no more questions. He refused and sent my petiton to USCIS for revoking, guys really dont go to Delhi if you are working with third party.

Can any of you suggest what should be my next step, can I reapply at any of the other consulate. actually I am from hyderabad and as my time was bad I went to Delhi.

What did you guys do later, after you had this situation, please suggest

Please please suggest I have to join my work back by December 1st.

Comment

221g issued

Here is the update of my visa interview, I got 221g asking about Client Letter and contract. I asked my client about letter but looks like their legal department not interested in issuing letter. I submitted work order etc what ever provided to me by my petitioner. Submitted documents on Nov-3. Waiting to here back from them.

While I was there in consulate, looks like a lot of people (if not all), getting 221g, at least for h1b.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X