Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 can convert as F1?

hi,

i am on F2 visa and right now in USA. i had work experience in India. on F2 status i cant work . i don't want to be idle

so i would like to convert as F1. is it possible?? if yes can i convert from here or do i need to go India(home country)
    does it have any risks?

or else

can i convert into H1??

which one is better option please help on this.

For F1 you need to get admitted to a school in a qualifying degree program and then you can only work on-campus (off-campus with authorization).
    For H1 you will need to find an employer willing to file the petition for you.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      For F1 you need to get admitted to a school in a qualifying degree program and then you can only work on-campus (off-campus with authorization).
      For H1 you will need to find an employer willing to file the petition for you.

yes, this is right. but my question is can i convert as F1 from here(USA) or do we have any risks?

Comment

You can change status within the US. But whenever you leave the US and want to return you need a Visa of the appropriate class.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          You can change status within the US. But whenever you leave the US and want to return you need a Visa of the appropriate class.
          thank you for the reply..

if any case f1/h1 visa get rejects, then what will be my visa status? still can i hold f2 status?

Comment

If change of status application is denied, your previous status will continue.

Comment

ok...but one more problem is my husband is right on OPT status, does it effectes to my conversion or is it possible to have conversion?

Comment

As long as your spouse is maintaining F1 status (reporting his employment to his school, working in the field of study, not being unemployed more than 90 days etc.) your change of status will have no impact from that side.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X