Impossible to get Non availability birth certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible to get Non availability birth certificate

We have to get a non availability certificate for my mother who is in the US with us. We applied for her I 485, submitted all the secondary evidence for birth but not the 'non availability' of birth certificate. The problem is that she cannot get Advance Parole to travel outside the country to get it. We contacted some comapines who do this for you. They ask for information and proof of address that she was born in. She had a home birth, and her parents moved from the house to a different city 60+ years ago. We have no connections there. How do we produce this proof? Morever, I'm told that without this I cannot get the non availability certificate? Is there any way around it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stae Department Reciprocity Schedule says:

Here is an example of what you get:

INDIA
    Try Harder
    Birth Certificates
    Available. Prior to l970, the reporting of births was voluntary. Birth certificates of Europeans, Anglo-Indians, Armenian Christians, Jews and Parsis born prior to l970 may be obtained from the State Registrar General of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. No standard or uniform certificate is issued by the authorities. In addition, acceptable certificates may often be obtained from the municipal and rural registration records, which are maintained under the state laws. Europeans, Anglo-Indians, and Indian Christians are usually able to obtain church baptismal certificates.

Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of l969, births are required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union Territories of India. Birth certificates are available to any applicant born on or after April l, l970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the appropriate authority.

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable, should be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exists.

Comment

You should try harder.

May be, you should consider going there in person to sort it out. Or some relative who can do this for you.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Non Availability Certificate

Hello,
        I notice that this thread is pretty old. But I have the same issue now. My dad cannot get non availability certificate from the municipality.
        Can we still apply for GC with Affidavit from his siblings stating his date of birth. We also have his school certificate which shows his date of birth.

His birth was registered on 12th March in the municipality records but the passport, school leaving certificate all have 15th march. Hence the municipality will not give a non availability certificate.

Were you able to get GC for your Mom without non availability?

Thanks,
        Rpak

Originally posted by vaik View Post
        We have to get a non availability certificate for my mother who is in the US with us. We applied for her I 485, submitted all the secondary evidence for birth but not the 'non availability' of birth certificate. The problem is that she cannot get Advance Parole to travel outside the country to get it. We contacted some comapines who do this for you. They ask for information and proof of address that she was born in. She had a home birth, and her parents moved from the house to a different city 60+ years ago. We have no connections there. How do we produce this proof? Morever, I'm told that without this I cannot get the non availability certificate? Is there any way around it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Can you please share what worked for you?

Can you please share what worked for you?

Originally posted by rpak View Post
          Hello,
          I notice that this thread is pretty old. But I have the same issue now. My dad cannot get non availability certificate from the municipality.
          Can we still apply for GC with Affidavit from his siblings stating his date of birth. We also have his school certificate which shows his date of birth.

His birth was registered on 12th March in the municipality records but the passport, school leaving certificate all have 15th march. Hence the municipality will not give a non availability certificate.

Were you able to get GC for your Mom without non availability?

Thanks,
          Rpak

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X