I wanted to take your guy's input on the following situation/questions...I am a US Citizen who got married to a Singapore citizen and I have applied for her i-130 and k-3... she will be accompanying me in December back to the US. My wife called the US embassy in Singapore, and was told that getting the tourist visa is not a problem as long as she is here for traveling but she was also told that she will need to convince the immigration officers during our entry back into the US...now that i have given some background, here are the questions that are unanswered/or questions we want opnions on:
1. can she travel to USA on tourist visa (Visa waiver program) when the I-130 (greencard) petition and I-129F (K3 visa) petition are in process?
2. (if answer to #1 is a yes) will entering the USA on tourist visa (Visa waiver program) jeopardize her greencard or k3 visa petition?
3. will the immigration officers at port of entry deny her entry on tourist visa for any reason? for example: I130 or I129F application is still awaiting approval hence she will not be allowed into USA till a decision has been reached etc.
4. if the immigration officers ask her the purpose of her entry, can she openly say, she is here to visit me?
5. will i need to show any kind of paperwork that will demonstrate that i am able to take care of her during her visit into the US?
Any input is appreciated...
Thanks in advance