I have got my H1B Petition approved through one of the consultant in 2008 but did not go for stamping as it was not a good time. I got it when I was in India.
Now I have got a permanent job in UK and I am working in UK for last 5 months on HSMP Visa for UK.
My current employer is asking me to go to US next month for that I have been asked to go for B1 visa. I have following queries:
1. What will happen to my H1B petition if I go for B1 visa ? Will it be cancelled ?
2. Do I need to tell Visa officer that I have got an approved H1B Petition ? Will hiding this fact affect my B1 visa ?
3. What kind of questions I can expect from London consulate when I go for B1 visa interview...based on my situation ?
4. I have got strong ties with UK as my wife and son are staying in London and I have got a permanent job in London ....does it matter for visa decision ?
5. How long my H1B petition is valid for? What can I say to the consulate for why I have not got my H1B stamped even after 2 years ?
Any help is highly appreciated.