F1 & F2 Visa Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 & F2 Visa Renewal

HI, I am an PhD student visiting India this winter and need to renew my VISA as it was for a Masters degree and expired. I also have my wife as dependent (F2) and son (US Citizen) traveling with me and we both need to renew our visas. So my questions are:
    a) should each of us make separate appointments? is there anyway we can apply together? if yes, in that case do we make two drafts or just one draft?
    b) I am just applying for a renewal, so do i need to pay SEVIS fee?
    c) Also, as I have a son 23 month old at the time of visa renewal app time. So do I need to show some funds for him? He is US citizen and not included in the visa application.

thanks in advance for your replies.

Arghya

Originally posted by garghya View Post
    HI, I am an PhD student visiting India this winter and need to renew my VISA as it was for a Masters degree and expired. I also have my wife as dependent (F2) and son (US Citizen) traveling with me and we both need to renew our visas. So my questions are:
    a) should each of us make separate appointments? is there anyway we can apply together? if yes, in that case do we make two drafts or just one draft?

You can book the appointment together. Still you will need two separate applications (and hence two separate fees, HDFC may accept one draft for double the fees)

b) I am just applying for a renewal, so do i need to pay SEVIS fee?
    No
    c) Also, as I have a son 23 month old at the time of visa renewal app time. So do I need to show some funds for him? He is US citizen and not included in the visa application.
    You do not need to show funds, but mention him on both your applications under immediate relatives.
    thanks in advance for your replies.

Arghya
    Answera above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hello,

I am in a similar boat.
      My F1 is expiring next june but my wifes F2 is valid till 2024.
      My question is wheniI renew my F1, do I have to renew my wifes F2 aswell, or will that still be valid.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mshaikh2 View Post
        Hello,

I am in a similar boat.
        My F1 is expiring next june but my wifes F2 is valid till 2024.
        My question is wheniI renew my F1, do I have to renew my wifes F2 aswell, or will that still be valid.

Thanks in advance.
        F2 is a nonimmigrant dependent visa which allows the immediate family members of an F1 student visa holder to relocate to the United States. The spouse and unmarried children (under 21 years of age) of F1 student visa holders are eligible for an F2 visa to enter and live in the U.S.
        Last edited by sophigul; 11-02-2020, 01:47 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X