Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for mail to reach India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take for mail to reach India?

Hi,
    Can someone please tell me how long it takes for the mail to reach India if sent by Express Mail. I mailed all the documents to my parents last Saturday by USPS(Express Mail), and the lady told me it takes 3-5 days max. But my parents did not recieve them still. They have an appointment on the 11th of April. Just a little worried. I hope they did not mess up with it somewhere.

Thanks.

hi

did you track it?
    It generally takes 9-10 business days. you should have used Fedex or UPS instead as you were running out of time.
    Call up USPS and find out fromthem also. they will help you.

Comment

Hi Srikar,
      I tracked it. It says
      INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH KENNEDY AMC
      03/28/05 10:36am
      After that there is no information at all. I will call them. I feel I made a mistake. I was very confident that it will reach on time.

Thank you very much,
      Aparna.

Comment

I have used this service. Actually it takes about 10 working days from date of posting it.

Do not worry - It will make it just on time. The tracking once it reaches India is not precise.

I suggest go FedEx next time you send something so important.

Comment

Thanks sri2004.
          Is Saturday considered to be a working day in India for Postal service? Sorry to bother you guys. I hope it reaches on time, but if it gets delayed even one day more than 10 working days, we are in trouble.

Thanks.

Comment

I have used FedEx several times and every time, documents reached in 3 business days (Saturday not counted.) It may sometimes be considered 4 business days because time zone differences, but that is max.
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I sent by express mail

Hey,

Dont worry - I am sure the docs will reach in time. I mailed using express mail too - and they reached in 5-6 cal days. I had posted on a Friday and the docs reached them next Wednesday...

- avdxz

Comment

which express mail u used????

Moon,

which express mail of USPS. I have sent using Global Express Mail of USPS , they said 3-5 business days. My mom has appointment on April 19th in Chennai and I sent her wednesday March30th. How did u track it???? Did u used Globalexpress Guaranteed???? did they give tracking number???

Please help as I am tensed too.
                Someone who sent using GlobalExpressMail to chennai please share ur thoughts.

Am totally confused.

please help

Comment

hi

Hi Apeksha
                  Global Express does not have any tracking number, it takes atleast 7-8 business days to reach india.
                  hope it helps.

Comment

hi

u know even i had used express mail and i had sent my documents on saturday,and they had told me it takes 3-4 days.But it reached after 9 days,even i was worried like u.actually even if u mail it on sat u'r mail is not picked until monday.Don't worry it will surely reach in time.

Comment

Hi,
                      Thanks everyone for the replies. I discovered that the mail reached India on March 31st. Though it still has to reach the destination.

Apeksha,
                      I sent via Express Mail. And you can track it. Dont worry you have sufficient time.

Comment

I had used Global Priority Mail of USPS (http://www.usps.com/global/globalprioritymail.htm). Even though I's sending the docs 1 month in advance I's little concerned as there is no tracking. I's told the docs will reach in 4-6 business days (my destination was non-metro). I'd handed over the packet on Fri morning, and my parents received the packet by Wed evening !!!

I'm quite happy at the speed (within 4 business days to non-metro) and the charges ($9 flat). However if you are in a hurry, I'd always recommend using FedEx. Though it's expensive ($55-$60), you can be assured of time of delivery. You may find it interesting that USPS uses FedEx for it's Global Expres Guaranteed service priced similarly (http://www.usps.com/global/globalexpressguaranteed.htm)

HTH.

Comment

Moon Can U Pls Tell Me How U Found Out It Is In India???????

Moon,

Can you please let me know how you found out that the package was in India?????
                          I also sent the package by Global Express Mail but I can check the website says it has left Chicago International Airport.
                          so how can i find out whether it has reached India???

Please help.

thanks,
                          Apeksha

Comment

Hi Apeksha,
                            Just keep tracking it. They will update it sometime. They are slow. They do not update immediately.

Comment

Documents Reached My Place

Hi All,

thanks for your information. The documents reached my place on Wednesday evening April 5th. I sent it on a March30th Wednesday evening from US. Its a reliable service as far as USPS express mail goes. Timely delivery and cost effective as well.

5 business days is what it takes at the max.

Also as they have customs clearance form its even goes faster as I understand. So for all you I would suggest Global Express Mail for cost if you have sufficient time.

thanks,
                              Apeksha

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X