Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to get new U-visa sticker for my OCI card holder daughter

Hi,

My 5 yr old daughter has OCI card. I recently renewed her US passport. In her old passport she has U-visa sticker that is lifelong visa. but some of my friends were telling me that I have to renew her OCI card and to get new U-visa sticker in her new passport. the only problem is I'm traveling in 1 week to India and don't have much time to do this. Please help me anyone has idea she can travel or not? any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks..

Please help, anyone, any ideas....

Comment

No problem

Some of my friends just traveled to India, they have a minor daughter who is a OCI and her passport was renewed. The renewal application is still pending as of now, they went to India last month with the old passport with U visa, OCI booklet and the new passport. They were allowed to enter and they came back to USA last week. So dont worry, you will be fine.
      Hope this helps.
      F3
      My priority date - June 7, 2002

F3 Watch List for active members

Feb2003/Clearvision = February 2003 - GOOD LUCK!
      diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
      Puddy = April 2003
      hfsitumo2001 = May 05, 2003
      butter = November 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
      krish_84 = November 2004
      zaga14 = = November 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by ravi_niu View Post
        Some of my friends just traveled to India, they have a minor daughter who is a OCI and her passport was renewed. The renewal application is still pending as of now, they went to India last month with the old passport with U visa, OCI booklet and the new passport. They were allowed to enter and they came back to USA last week. So dont worry, you will be fine.
        Hope this helps.
        Thank you so much for the reply.. Its really a great relief to know..

Comment

Travel with OCI for minirs with U Visa in old passprt

Any issues for the travel for minors with renewed passport and U visa in old passport? I am in the same situation, I do not have enough time to get the U visa re-issued in the renewed passport for my 5 year old.. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience

Comment

Immihelp says so

Somewhere on this website I had seen that the law says that you need to get a new OCI everytime your passport is renewed if you are under age 21 or over age 50.

See the last part of this link
            /compare-oci-card-with-pio-card/

Comment

No time to re-stamp U visa on new passport. Need help.

Visiting India in couple of weeks. U stamp visa is on the expired passport of my <20 yrs old kid. No time to renew. I will carry new passport, old expired passport with U stamp visa and OCI booklet. Will I face any trouble at the Indian airport in this situation? How shall I convince immigration officials to let all of us enter in India? Has anyone visited India recently (in last couple of months or so) with U stamp visa on expired passport? Please share your experience. Thanks.
              Last edited by divyshah; 07-13-2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X