Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on H1B Sponsorship

Hello Everyone!

I am a F-1 student pursuing MS. Recently I got a call for an interview from a consultancy company(not desi, but an american consultancy company). They asked my availability for attending the interview with one of their client, which is a major wireless carrier in the US.

I told them that I require sponsorship for H1B in the future as this position is on Full-time basis. Then they told me that they are going to SPONSOR my H1B visa. I agreed and I am planning to travel for the interview.

My question is, as this a Full-time position and I would be working with their client, how can the consultancy sponsor my Visa for H1. As far as my knowledge, it is the client for which I will be working with, have to sponsor my work visa.

I am not sure if this is going to work out.

Please provide advice. Replies will be very helpful.

Thanks

Madhu

You will be working full time with the company that sponsor your H1B. If the consultancy company will sponsor your H1B, then your payroll be run by them and you will be working as a consultant with the client. If you want to work full time with the client, then they will have to sponsor your H1B.

Maybe it could be a contract to hire position. Maybe initially you will be a contractor for the client working through the employer who is applying your H1B and later the client might decide to take you full time and apply a H1B transfer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

what does this mean if the employer mentions this in the job requirements.

**** * H1B EXCEPTIONS ALLOWED ; Preferred Vendors may recruit H1B candidates from non-approved suppliers. Must list vendor in Sub-vendor field on submittal **** *

Thanks

Comment

That means, the vendor can place H1B candidates to work for the client (Some client companies will prefer only U.S Citizens or G.C holders). The Vendor doesn't need to have candidates directly employed with them. They can take eligible candidates from other companies and place them at the client place (Meaning: A person can be employed with Company C, the Vendor B can place him/her to work for the client A and the client is okay with that). This is called sub-contacting. Client (A) will pay the vendor, the vendor (B) will pay Company C and C will play the employee. In such case, the client want the person employed to be listed in the sub-vendor category.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X