Re-entry to USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entry to USA

I,Pursued my M.S Degree in Electronics Engineering from New Jersey Institute of Technology,(NJIT) NJ on May 2006.

I got my student visa 0n August 2004 for 5 years i.e from August 2004-August 2009.Now, after completion of my M.S I got one year of OPT from June 2006-June 2007 and I didn’t find a suitable company to file H-1B visa for.Thus, I extended or overstayed for 180 days prior to the completion of my OPT status.

After a much try I returned back to India on December 2007.Since, then I working as an Assistant Professor in an Engineering college in India.

But, I want to pursue PhD degree from NJIT again and my professors are also ready to give me the scholarships. But, my question is:-

WILL I BE ELGIBLE TO GO BACK USA ONCE AGAIN? I DIDN’T VIOLATED THE STUDENT VISA STATUS, I JUST OVERSTAYED 180 DAYS AGAINST OF MY OPT DATE?

Please, your answer will be my key decision maker of my carrier and my life

It is not clear from your post as to what was violated. Did you not work during the OPT and is that teh violation?

Anyway, be honest on your visa application. The fact that you returned back to home country is a plus for another F1. However, if you really violated any visa status above 180 days, you will have a 3 year ban.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X