Change of status from F1 to H1 without completing masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status from F1 to H1 without completing masters

I have an approved H1 petition which was filed last year, but unfortunately my visa was denied then to enter into US. This year i entered the country as a F1 student to pursue masters. Recently, the same employer who filed my H1B asked me whether i wish to change my status to H1 and join his organization.

1) Can you please suggest me whether it is legal to change my status to H1 without completing masters?

2) If yes, what would be the complications? Do i need to go for stamping again?

3) I already started working on full time CPT at my university. can i continue working during the approval process?

Anyone plz respond?

Comment

It is legal. Problems could arise when you go for H1 stamping next time. I would say complete the MS unless you are about to lose your F1 status due to bad grades or probation. Complete CPT and on OPT, you can begin work for the employer (and save a lot of taxes too!)

What is the rush for this employer to convert you to H1 other than the fact that this employer is unable to provide you the required documentation for a visa stamping and now that you are in the country, wants to make his money.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X