Apply for H4 while F1 pending 221g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for H4 while F1 pending 221g

Hi, I interviewed for F1 renewal, and got a 221 g, waited for 6 weeks and never heard anything back. My wife is on H1, can I apply for H4 while the F1 is pending? Do I need to change the status after entering with H4? What would happen to my existing F1 application? Will it still be processed while I am in US with H4? Thanks!

When was the 221g given what information was asked for? Try sending an email to the consulate to check the status. Normally they process such things within 1 month. When does your semester start?
    H4 Visa will not be affected by this but traveling on H4 Visa has complications.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I am continuing student, so I don't care about the start of semester. I sent email once a week, all their reply is the same useless bureaucratic stuff. Already 43 days. What are the complications of traveling on H4?

Comment

Depends on what the 221g was issued for? If it was a name check, you will run into the same even for a H4.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Approaching start of semester is one reason to have expedited even for continuing students.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Did you finally apply for h4

I am also in the similar situation, just want to know if I can apply for H4 while F1 is pending 221g. If you applied for H4, what was the outcome

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X