Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Indian passport with F-1 VISA. Please help

hello.
    Recently I lost my passport with F-1 VISA. And I am going to apply for the new one with all required documents soon in Indian Embassy at SFO. But I have some questions like:
    1) How much time will it take to get new passport from them after I send them all my documents?
    2) I know that I will have to go to India for getting new VISA. But will it be that easy to get new one? Are there any chances of rejecting my VISA?
    3) If I get new VISA, for how much period will they give me VISA? When I had applied for first time, they had given me VISA for 5 years. And after that I have been in US for nearly 2 years.
    4) What else will I have to do after I get VISA?

Please help. I would be really grateful to be guided. Thanks a lot.

The timeframe of PP issuance depends on the consulate. They usually verify records from India and could take a month. As far as visa goes, validity will be based on your I-20 and period of study. You will follow the same procedure for the visa as you did earlier and issuance may not be troublesome unless something has changed. Be sure to mention to the VO that you lost the PP with the visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks.

Thanks alot for your help. I really appretiate it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X