Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO Application returned back for foreign spouse

Hi

I have applied for PIO card for my foriegn spouse. They send back her application stating that they need passport copies of both of her parents. Her parents are not indian. I am not sure why they really need her parents passport copy who are neither Indian nor American.

Her eligibility is on basis of Indian Spouse and we already send my original Indian passport along with notarized copies.

Can some one please explain us ?

Thanks

Must Send Parents Copies

If her parents have no passports then their copies of Birth Certificates, etc. proving their country of citizenship.

Make sure you send all documents listed on the consulate website including your marriage certificate.

Also send a cover letter explaining the complete application and your grievances.

If I remember you are with the SFO consulate?

Good Luck.

Comment

it's Houston. So I would need to send them translated notarized copy of her parents birth Certificate ...right ?

Or just translated copies will do ?

Comment

Try sending more documents

Yes notorized copies will be better.

But try sending more documents proving her parents current citizenship like bank statements, driver license, income tax documents, etc. If they can apply for a passport and you can wait, this will make it easy for her PIO application.

It looks like the Indian Mission/Consulate are instructed not to issue PIO to children/grandchildren of countries like Pakistan/China/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka, etc. This list of countries is not inclusive and hence very difficult to predict that Morocco or other Arab/Muslim country is in their list.

Houston consulate is the worse to deal with and you have to be willing to spend that time and energy with them.

If I am in your position I would apply at any other consulate after fulfilling their residential requirements. Else apply a visa and then apply for PIO while your wife is in India. In India money talks and all requirements can be met quickly.

Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks.

I have decided to apply for Entry visa now instead of PIO card.

My wife is non US citizen but she is here in US on L2 visa. In Visa application there is one question which asks about permanent address it explains "Short Term visa holders should indicate the permanent address in the country of citizenship. If your permanent address is in the United States, please indicate your last known address in the country of citizenship."

I believe L1-L2 is long term visa.I might be wrong.

Now should we enter our US address or her moroccan home address. ?

Thanks

Comment

PIO Of Foreign Spouse - Pending Decision ?? What exactly they verify and from where ?

HI,

I now have Passport copies of my wife's parents and have finally applied PIO again for my wife with those documents. This time with travisa things looks good.

The status now is in "Pending approval of the Government of India" from 07/15/2011. its been 4 days now. I know that it's just 4 days and I am in panic. The reason i worry about is my wife is foreign and I am not sure where and what the decision would be. I wonder what and Where Government of India wants to confirm to approve the PIO.

Morocco is not in the list of rejection list. Our wedding is also legitimate.Indian Embassy in Rabat has also given me permission to marry while I was in Morocco. I also have took attestation stamp on our Marriage Certificate from Indian Embassy in Rabat, Morocco , while I was there for my wedding.

Does anyone have any idea from where and what is actually verified by Government of India and how long it takes ?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X