Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewal for Indian Passport for GC holders

Hi,

I am a US Greencard holder and my Indian passport is expiring in MAY 2011. And I am travelling to India in Jan 2011 and coming back in March 2011. My Que is,

a) Can I travel to india with this passport with less than 6 months validity and renew it from india or
    b) I have to renew my indian passport here in USA before travelling there..

And also,

Can I renew here in USA after my india trip in March 2011.

Experts advise, experience or suggestions are highly appreciated

Thanks...

Renewal for Indian passport

Friend :
    First of all ,you need to know to which consulate office covers your state.

Your passport is probably 10 years old and it will expire and you will have to apply for a new passport .

Indian Consulates also has Expedite service ( Also known as TATKAL )and they charge $ 150 as a fee and they give you a new passport same day .

I would not recommend to do it in India . This is due to the fact that for some reason if your application is incomplete or something is missing then you may get stuck in India .

Thank you ,

Vinod Shah

Comment

Help needed

Originally posted by vaishaly28 View Post
      Friend :
      First of all ,you need to know to which consulate office covers your state.

Your passport is probably 10 years old and it will expire and you will have to apply for a new passport .

Indian Consulates also has Expedite service ( Also known as TATKAL )and they charge $ 150 as a fee and they give you a new passport same day .

I would not recommend to do it in India . This is due to the fact that for some reason if your application is incomplete or something is missing then you may get stuck in India .

Thank you ,

Vinod Shah
      Hi Vinod,
      You seem knowledgeable in this area. My passport is expired in july and I am GC Holder. I am wondering do I need some different paperwork than usual or my process is same as any other normal case. I am trying to make it as accurate as I can, as 6 months would be over soon.
      Any suggestion, comment or pointer would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X