Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling India Via Canada From USA

Hi,

I'm travelling to India via Canada this Dec 24th. My itinerary looks like this.

Minneapolis, USA -> Ontario, CANADA -> Frankfurt, Germany -> Chennai, India.

Return Ticket

Chennai, India -> Frankfurt, Germany -> Ontario, Canada -> Minneapolis, USA.

My question, do i need a transit visa to travel via Canada even If I'm not going outside of the airport?.

Please advise, If I need to take a transit visa for Canada. Then, I have to re-book my flights.

I appreciate a quick response to my mesage.

Thanks

Yes, you would need a visa depending on your status in US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response. I have a valid H1-B Visa with F1 Stamping in my passport. During this trip to India, I'm going to get my H1-B Stamping.

Until Frankfurt, I'm flying with Air-Canada i.e. Minneapolis, USA-> Ontario, Canada -> Frankfurt, Germany. I read the following link http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin....html#-usviaca for the travel document requirements and I didn't see Transit Visa requirements in this page.

I'm confused. Please help me.

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      Yes, you would need a visa depending on your status in US.
      Last edited by sanndsu; 12-19-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Check TRV visa on Canadian govt site or

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X