I've got PIO & US passport for my baby, I did not knew the rule we can get Indian passport, I'm in india now not sure will I long term spend in USA in future, so I need Indian Nationality for my Baby at least until 18 years when he can relinquish one citizen & I don’t face high NRI fees for education
1) How do I Accomplish now ? MHA says we can have indian nationality for my baby under
**(d) Minor children whose both parents are Indian citizens under section ** 5(1)(d). & Any minor child can be registered as a citizen of India under Section 5(4),
(4) if the Central Government is satisfied that there are “special circumstances” justifying such registration.
- I dont think I can use (d) as I cant relinquish my baby US citizen as he had to decide when 18yrs, Indian law will allow me to get Indian Passport for her now?
- for (4) what is special circumstances I can show, can I say I will stay in India now?
2) Or other option is get a indian birth certificate for my baby which most agents are ready to give but I fear after bachelors if he goes to US for MS do they see leaving certificate shows Nationality Indian? what problems I can face if I do this way? I heard many IT people in Bangalore & Pune do this way ...
3) I hear those who got Indian passport for US Baby we can re-register birth in consulate and get a new Indian Birth certificate by municipal in India, can some one share how this certificate looks like and what details it mention like nationality, citizen, birth place?
Please suggest if someone has experienced any one of above, also if someone has suggestion what will be right approach, Thanks