Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit Visa Info Request

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen and carry a valid Indian passport. I am presently in the US on F-1 visa but it expires on Jan 10th. I have my flight from San Francisco to Delhi on 28th Jan. However, there is a layover in London (Heathrow airport) for about 8 hrs and I'll have to change terminals (from 1 to 4).

DO I need to have a UK transit visa?

Please suggest.

Thanks.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Yes
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I travelled from the US to India a month back and was in the same boat as you are now. My F1 had expired (years back) and my journey had a six-hour layover in Heathrow. As per the rules, if your F1 visa has expired, you need a transit visa. So, I went to one of those agents (legit, of course) and got myself an "expedited" transit visa. I could have applied for a transit visa myself without going through an agent but I had only 10 days for my flight and wasn't sure I would get my transit visa soon enough.

At Heathrow, nobody even bothered looking at my passport, let alone flipping through it to check the validity of the F1 and then further checking for a valid transit visa. If you want to play it safe (like I did), then you might want to consider getting yourself a transit visa but you can fully expect that nobody will bother leafing through your passport to look for one when you transit at Heathrow.

Comment

Do i need a UK transit visa (Please help)

Hi
        I have a valid F1 student visa and will be travelling from US (Atlanta) to Ghana through Heathrow Do i need a transit visa?
        My flights leave from the same terminal
        Please help

Comment

No transit visa required for those traveling to/from the US with a valid visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X