Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work from India for a US based org as a Consultant

Hello All,

Though it might sound a redundant thread, my context seems to be bit different.
    I am India based Software Developer and I stay in India itself. (I have never been to USA or never had a valid VISA so far).

I am now getting an opportunity to work with a US based software organization as a consultant. They don't have a registered office here in India. The working mode could be quite simple, I would work for them from here and they would pay to me from there.

Can anybody suggest me legal implications? If it is legally possible to work in this mode.

1) Can I receive money from them by law ?
    2) If yes, what could be the best mode of money transfer?
    3) What kind of bank account I should go for ?
    4) Is having a paypal account good option ?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks and Regards

As you will be working from India, the rules and regulations from the Indian govt will apply and it is possible to do work this way. You would have to pay taxes and the company would probably like to pay you by regular bank channels than paypal for record keeping purpose.

You can open any bank account and they can pay you by check for you to deposit it or wire the amount. Make sure you meet your CA to discuss taxing issues.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Work for US company from India

Hi mukulobject,

Please advise how did you manage to work for US company from India, I might end up in same boat

Regards, vj200

Originally posted by mukulobject View Post
      Hello All,

Though it might sound a redundant thread, my context seems to be bit different.
      I am India based Software Developer and I stay in India itself. (I have never been to USA or never had a valid VISA so far).

I am now getting an opportunity to work with a US based software organization as a consultant. They don't have a registered office here in India. The working mode could be quite simple, I would work for them from here and they would pay to me from there.

Can anybody suggest me legal implications? If it is legally possible to work in this mode.

1) Can I receive money from them by law ?
      2) If yes, what could be the best mode of money transfer?
      3) What kind of bank account I should go for ?
      4) Is having a paypal account good option ?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Comment

I would suggest you to use freelancing site like oDesk,Elance etc for this. i think that will be the most suitable method for you.You employer will pay you on the account you have on those sites and you can withdraw them using direct wire transfer , skrill, paypal etc. Surely the charges will apply .. but that's nothing compared to what you will be getting.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X