No announcement yet.

F2 visa rejected withour any reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi my name is vigya. i was rejected for f2 visa on 14th jan 2011. the visa counslate asked me 4 question as follows
    VC: hi, how r u
    Me: Hello, good morning
    VC: Why do want to go to US?
    Me: To be with my husband and to support him emotionally and physically.
    VC: What is he studying there?
    Me: he has completed his studies and is currently on OPT status.
    VC: When did you get married?
    Me: on 11th dec 2011
    VC: when is his OPT getting valid upto?
    ME: his OPT is valid upto 13th may 2011 but he is gonna get it extented for more 17 months.
    VC: M sorry you do not qualify for this visa, thanks

She gave me one paper which states that my visa is rejected under section 214(b) but she didn't explain me the reason why did she rejected my visa, she didn't even bothered to see my marriage certificate or any kind of marriage proof. i want to know what reason made her reject the visa. i want to reapply so wat care shud i take frm now..........
    thnks[/QUOTE]

You have STRONG IMMIGRATION INTEND!!

As the answer you reply:

Support him physically and emotionally! And you mention your hundsband graduated already!

- If I was IO officer at that time: I would ask you this question to you: WHY YOU HUNDSBAND WAS NOT ABLE GO BACK TO HIS HOME COUNTRY AND JOIN WITH YOU IF HE STILL LOVE YOU!!! SPECIALLY, HE FINISHED HIS STUDY IN US ALREADY!

- YOUR MARRIAGE WAS VERY SHORT TIME!!!

- OPT IS A BRIDGE FOR F1 TO H1 AND THEM H1 IS A BRIDGE TO GC!!!! AND IO might thing: YOU HUNDSBAND IS LOOKING FOR A JOB IN US NOW (SOME ONE ABLE TO SPONSOR HIM TO GC), BUT AT MOMENT HE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO FIND ANY, BUT EVETUALLY HE WILL!! (Because he plan to extend his OPT) If you joing him in US, only for adjustment of status to GC easier in US than in outside of US!!

Am I right??

Comment

Need advice on F-2 visa

Hi everyone,

I will be grateful for some visa interview advice.

First, some background information. I am a 2nd year MBA student at a top-20 b-school in the US. Right now, I am doing my internship on CPT, earning around $7000 a month before taxes. I will have earned this income for 3 months in 2011. I also have a Graduate Assistanceship that pays me around $300 a month. I can easily meet post-marriage expenses just from this income.

I have almost a full scholarship on tuition and my living expenses, as a single man, are around $900/month all-inclusive. After marriage, this should not be more that $1500/month (I am erring on the side of caution here). As of today, I have around $14,000 in my US bank account and approximately $30,000 in provable Indian assets. My to-be wife has an apartment in Mumbai to her name valued at $80,000. She is a post-graduate in advertising and PR but has worked for a bit only after graduation. Now, she is not working.

I came to the US in July 2010, and have visited India in December 2010. I am scheduled to go in November 2011 for the wedding, after which I intend to return alone in early December for my semester exams, using the time to get my wife's I-20 prepared. I intend to return to India in mid-December for the winter break, get my wife's visa interview done then, and hopefully, fly back together to the US in January 2011.

Now, some of my questions:

1. When my wife applies for the visa, I will have only 5 months left to graduation, though work on OPT is virtually assured considering my academic record, work experience (I was working in middle management in an American bank in India) and the reputation of the school. Can the visa be rejected on the grounds that only 5 months remain for the program?

2. What is the right answer to the question, "Does your husband plan to return after his MBA? If so, why can't you wait for 5 months?" Can this be answered by raising the OPT issue, which I won't have in December when the interview will take place?

3. Is there anything the school can do to bolster the case? I have an extremely good relationship with the school and they are willing to help out as much as legally possible.

4. When asked on how she plans to spend her time, is it OK to answer that she plans to volunteer at a local creche? Her mother runs a kindergarten and she has ample experience handling kids.

Needless to say, any other advice is greatly appreciated. I guess I may have jumped the gun by purchasing all the tickets, but I can hope and pray. Also, I realize there's still some time left, but I want to start preparations early.

Thanks.

Comment

f2 got rejected on 24 may 2012

I was not qualified in f2 visa

Vo - hi how r u
        Me- fine how about u
        Vo - show ur documents and i20
        Me- shown
        Vo- my name,husbands name
        Me- told
        Vo- show his passport
        Me - given
        Vo - wt status is he in
        Me- opt
        Vo-show his emplyement
        Me - shown. I was very confident because he has full time permanent job
        Vo - y did ur husband tranfer and when
        Me- I was silent for a sec as I don't know the exact reason behind his transfer as per my knowledge he had some issue with adviser I told the samething to him I guess tat was my mistake and also told him we got married on Feb 29th 2012. He asked me date of transfer as I was shocked he told he will check out in passport and then he told me sorry
        Vo- I am sorry u are not qualified for the interview
        Me- I have job here and showed my leave sanction letter
        I asked him what should I do ., he gave me 214 and asked me to leave while leaving I asked him what should I do now he asked me to apply again after his status gets changed.

I am depressed....... Can any 1 help ma out.
        My husband is working in opt he has applaid for h1 Recently .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X