Indian Passport-Machine Readable or Biometric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Passport-Machine Readable or Biometric

I have a Indian passport issued to me on 2003. I will be travelling to the US with a valid visa soon. Could you tell me if its necessary that my passport should be machine readable or Biometric one. If so, could anyone inform me how to check this. Thanks!

Originally posted by sfo_008 View Post
    I have a Indian passport issued to me on 2003. I will be travelling to the US with a valid visa soon. Could you tell me if its necessary that my passport should be machine readable or Biometric one. If so, could anyone inform me how to check this. Thanks!
    As long as you have a valid visa, you are good.

Biometric passport have a chip in one of their pages. This chip on the passport page is clearly visible.

Machine readable passports have all sorts of alpha-numeric characters below your picture and personal details page. The characters would include you name. As far as I am aware all Indian passports are machine readable since at least the start of this current century.

Read this:- https://www.immihelp.com/visa-waiver...-requirements/

Good luck.

Comment

Reg- Machine Readable Zone NO

Hi

I have taken my passport in the year of 2003 april which do not have details of Machine Readable Zone number whereas My friends those have taken in 2000 they do have it on their passports.

I dont understand why and how it happend?....need assistance regarding this and give me solution to rectify this problem..

Thanks for your time

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X