Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering if you can help me our here.

Originally posted by a_a View Post
    Wondering if you can help me our here. I know this is old thread but hopefully you will see and reply

My spouse is in the exactly same situation..H4 to F1 got delayed and received it in this Nov while i am graduating in mid Dec. Now college says i can't file for OPT because haven;t completed 9 months on F1. Neither i can take any additional course because i will be already completing 30 credits.

How did you handle this situation? Can you please suggest soon, if possible? I would sincerely appreciate your help! You can directly reply to [email protected] or direct me to any reference material or person. Thanks!!!

Hi Amit,

Did you get any solution for this ? Because we are also in the same situation.

Comment

H4 -> F1 COS - OPT eligiblity

Hello friends,

my wife started her course in Summer 2016 and is anticipating to complete by December 2017.

my case:

-She was on H4 for first 2 quarters and now she is apply for COS from H4 to F1.

-She wont be F1 while quarter starts or may be by the end of winter quater but she will file her COS and will have case # submitted to college.

-She will be fulfilling requirements for international student while she is on H4 during Winter 2017 quarters.

- Her University's OPT requirement is 1 full academic year or 3 quarters.

Question 1: Even if she receives her F1 approval after her Winter 2017 quarter, will her winter quarter will count towards her OPT requirement and she will be eligible for OPT?

Questin 2: How long it takes to generate and receive USCIS case number after you submit your COS?

Thank you in advance

KK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X