Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Expired - Transfer or Renewal

Hi,
    I have got my H1B in 2006 and got expired in 2009. I never stepped into US. What is the procedure if i want to get into US? Can i get this H1B transferred to new employer? if so will it come under current Quota(cap)? Please provide a response.
    Thanks,
    Kiran

Any employer can use the same old cap number to file a petition for you requesting immediate start date anytime, as long as you do not spend 6 years in the US in H1 or L1 status. They will need a copy of your old approval notice.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

hmm!

What about the visa (stamping) Does the person has to get it stamped again(By showing the new employer/sponsorer i797 and other docs) ? Since in this case, the visa, i797 everything has expired and the person has not entered US

Comment

Without a valid passport, visa and I-797 you cannot enter U.S. If the visa is not valid, then you need to go for stamping again. You need a valid I-797 for stamping.

Originally posted by sachih1 View Post
        hmm!

What about the visa (stamping) Does the person has to get it stamped again(By showing the new employer/sponsorer i797 and other docs) ? Since in this case, the visa, i797 everything has expired and the person has not entered US
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

After petition is approved you can use that to obtain a Visa and enter the US.
          The only advantage you have is that you do not have wait for the Oct 1 cycle.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X