Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI stamping and booklet

Hello everyone,

I'm very close to receiving my documents for the OCI from CGI Houston. The online status says that it has already been granted and the documents have been shipped to the Houston consulate on Feb 8th, 2011. My question is

Do I need to send my INDIAN passport and Surrender Certificate along with my US passport for the OCI stamping and booklet?? Please note that I had already applied and got my Surrender Certificate and my Indian passport has been cancelled and returned to me; I did this even before I applied for OCI.

I would really appreciate if someone could answer this for me.

Thank You
    Last edited by buyerseller_111; 02-10-2011, 11:39 AM.

Originally posted by buyerseller_111 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm very close to receiving my documents for the OCI from CGI Houston. The online status says that it has already been granted and the documents have been shipped to the Houston consulate on Feb 8th, 2011. My question is

Do I need to send my INDIAN passport and Surrender Certificate along with my US passport for the OCI stamping and booklet?? Please note that I had already applied and got my Surrender Certificate and my Indian passport has been cancelled and returned to me; I did this even before I applied for OCI.

I would really appreciate if someone could answer this for me.

Thank You
    Yes send the surrender certificate with your US passport for them to apply the OCI sticker in it. No need of sending the cancelled Indian passport as your surrender certificate covers it.

But as per CGI Houston website it says "........the applicants are requested to immediately send their original US passport(s) for stamping the ā€œUā€ Visa and the Indian Passport(s) (where applicable), for verification, by mail." I suppose it will not hurt you to send the cancelled Indian passport and the surrender certificate as well. These Indian babus can sometimes be a real pain in the backside.

Comment

thank you for your opinion.

Comment

I finally received my OCI stuff on Feb 28th. It took almost 7 months for CGI Houston to process my application. Glad I don't have to send my daughters OCI to them and instead use Travisa

I did send my cancelled indian pp and the surrender certificate along with my US pp for OCI stamping.

Comment

OCI Process Houston

can you tell me when did you apply for the OCI with Houston.
          I am tired up sending email to them and no response and no phone pickup.
          I have mailed the OCI application with all the documents inclusing the money order for the OCI fee and applied the Surrender Certificates and send all in one fedex package on Jan2nd 2011 and they received on Jan 5th 2011.
          I have put 2 separate brown envelopes in one fedex package.

I have requested in the OCI checklist cover letter, Can you please hand over the copy of the Surrender Certificate to OCI cell, before you mail the Original Surrender Certificate to me. it looks like these people not given to OCI cell , even though they are in same office.
          I have received the Surrender Certificate on Jan 14th'2011 with cancelled Indian passport back myself & wife.

then I have mailed the copy of the Surrender Certificate to OCI Houston on Jan 15th'2011 with regular USPS mail. not sure whether they have received or not.

after 9 weeks, I have received the mail OCI package with ONE set of application back on Feb28th '2011 with OCI fee money order and giving the instructions saying that please submit the Surrender Certificates .
          and then send same package back to OCI houstion with Surrender Certifictae and the Fee envelope on Feb 28th and then they received the package on March 2nd'2011 , they keep the Surrender Certifictae & Money Order (275+275+20) total 570$.
          they send the same ONE set of application back on March 5th '2011 with new TRAVIS outsource guidline paper and saying that "You haven't sent the correct fee and attach the copy of the Surrender Certifictae" again.

I am not sure whether they are processing my application at CGI HOuston or not at this stage.
          Did you received your ONE set of application back for your OCI process? how long it took to assign the File (Acknowledgment) No?

I am still waiting for to assign the
          File (Acknowledgment) No and complete the remaining process. I have checked with Online Services to see the status of application with the following link.
          it says "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged or Wrong Passport Number."

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X