False claim of U.S citizenship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False claim of U.S citizenship

after waiting several years on my consular casemy appoiment came on feb 1 and my immigrtant visa was dennied becuse I'm inadmissible because in 93-94 I'd tried to get a US passport (very stupid I know , long story) My wife is an american citizen and my 5 y/o son was born in the US
    I' m 49 years old living in the US most of the time since I'm 19, we are living overseas now(Uruguay), and we just can't addapt and I want my son to be raise in the US but, I just can't live without him
    doing some research on my own, read that the 18 USC S 911 says :
    inadmissible to US :
    if false claim of citizenship was made on or after SEPTEMBER 30 1996, makes one inadmissible
    NOTE the date my mistake was done on 93 94, does anynoby think I still got hope?
    since it was prior that date ? it has been 17 years ago completly different world
    what shoul I do ?
    thanks a lot!!

Originally posted by crazygaucho View Post
    after waiting several years on my consular casemy appoiment came on feb 1 and my immigrtant visa was dennied becuse I'm inadmissible because in 93-94 I'd tried to get a US passport (very stupid I know , long story) My wife is an american citizen and my 5 y/o son was born in the US
    I' m 49 years old living in the US most of the time since I'm 19, we are living overseas now(Uruguay), and we just can't addapt and I want my son to be raise in the US but, I just can't live without him
    doing some research on my own, read that the 18 USC S 911 says :
    inadmissible to US :
    if false claim of citizenship was made on or after SEPTEMBER 30 1996, makes one inadmissible
    NOTE the date my mistake was done on 93 94, does anynoby think I still got hope?
    since it was prior that date ? it has been 17 years ago completly different world
    what shoul I do ?
    thanks a lot!!
    False claim of US citizen is against the law and can get you in a lifetime trouble with the USCIS!!! I am just praying for you guys for the best! I would suggest you to consult an expert lawyer! I don't believe if the forum will help much in your case! Good luck!

Comment

False Claim of US Citizenship

My husband was denied a US Visa because he claimed to be a US Citizen when he was 16 yrs old in 1998. We have been married 15 yrs and have three children ages: 14, 11 and 6. My understanding is that there is NO waiver and there is NOTHING that can be done. Has anyone been in a similar situation? I have seeked helped every where and have had no luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X