Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Insurance

Hello,

I am on F1 status studying in Massachussets.I bought health insurance for the month of september and waived my school insurance. I Have been skipping my insurance after that on advice of a friend to save money. Now i recently had a tax document which tells how long i had insurance. I think i am in trouble if i file taxes and IRS knows i was skipping my insurance. I am planning to go and get my visa stamped in summer but i am afraid this things would reject my visa or cause some trouble in the process. Any suggestion how i can help myself from getting into trouble ? or is it ok to not file the insurace document? Does IRS gets a copy of it as well ? ..Any good suggestions and advices will be appreciated.

Thank you!
    janaki

This question is related to tax return filing and therefore, it would be best if you ask a qualified tax professional such as CPA for accurate advice.

All I can say that you should always tell the truth when filing the documents with the government to avoid any trouble in future. If you didn't have insurance, you can't write that you had it.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

As an F1 student you are not allowed to claim insurance costs on your return.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your information

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
        This question is related to tax return filing and therefore, it would be best if you ask a qualified tax professional such as CPA for accurate advice.

All I can say that you should always tell the truth when filing the documents with the government to avoid any trouble in future. If you didn't have insurance, you can't write that you had it.
        Thanks for your information, i am also a student and My school done my insurance policy but i don't have any details.SO,How can i get that?

Comment

You will need to ask your school for the details.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi

I think health inssurance is very important. it is very neccerssary to us. it provides medical security for us.
            ---------------------

Comment

MA state everyone needs to have insurance that is mandatory. You put yourself in trouble by going your friend advice. When you are on F1visa school is asking for the insurance when you register for the semester and you must have insurance for whole semester NOT only for 1m. YOu must fulfill MA state minimum creditable coverage and you have to file 1099HC form. You need to contact CPA on this matter.
              This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X